Which guitar should I get?

I'm planning to learn acoustic guitar (fingerstyle), and I have a budget of 300 dollars. I hope to find a guitar that can last me for quite some time. I have a few options, including Ibanez AW54OPN, Epiphone AJ220S, Greg Bennett GD100SCE, and a few second hand guitars of Custom Acoustic that have solid top and back and sides that are under 300. Do you guys have any suggestions which guitar I should get? For the Ibanez AW54OPN, I am planning to order from Swee Lee, and it has pretty good reviews so I am inclined towards it. But are there any guitars that you will recommend? I know the tonations and sound and opinions of which guitars sound nice is subjective, but based on your opinions, which guitars in the list/not in the list, would you recommend me to get. I'm a total amateur and have no idea how to play a guitar, so even if I were to try out I won't be able to tell if a guitar sounds good. But I do plan to practice a lot(3 hours a day?)to get good at it, so yeap, any recommendations? (I do prefer a full acoustic guitar rather than a semi or an electronic)

Hi Interestedperson, I play fingerstyle too!

My recommendation would be to go for one of the Custom Acoustic guitars (there's a City Music sale going on now!). Reason is that fingerstyle requires a well set-up guitar with buttery low action. City Music offers a one-year warranty with free set-ups (should you require it) which should serve you well as you learn, try out different string gauges, etc. Only hassle is that in my experience it takes about 2 weeks or so for them to service your guitar...

Try out the different solid top models, or get the shop assistants to demonstrate and find the one you like best (about $200+). I think that will be a great guitar to learn on.

As a busker/performer, I use the FG92CEQ which is full solid and comes with a dual source pickup (piezo+mic) which is important if you venture into the percussive side of things :twisted: All for $500+!

Enjoy your foray into fingerstyle! :)

Back