Where to buy Casio Keyboard Sustain Pedal?

redryder

Hi guys, I bought a Casio keyboard from Best Denki, but they don't sell the sustain pedal. Any suggestions where I can get it from? Can I use a Yamaha pedal on a casio keyboard? Is it generic?

Yes, you can use any sustain pedals for any keyboards. Sustain pedals are mainly switches - on or off.

You'll need to know that different manufacturers may differ in sustain pedal polarities, just to make life difficult for us. That means some manufacturers will have the polarity reversed (standard sustain on becomes off, and vice versa). That can be easily changed by either changing the polarity on the keyboard (if it allows you to), or on the pedal itself (if it allows you to). If I recall correctly, Casio is one of those reverse polarity ones. Check if you can change the polarity on the pedals easily when you buy them.

It is really easy to tell when the polarity is wrong. when you play the sustains is on and after you step the pedal, the sustain stops.

The pedal at church has a switch at the back to make it easy to reverse the polarity.

If I remember correctly, we got it from Ranking Sports (Bras basah)

One can easily do a quick reverse of polarity by powering on the keyboard while holding down the sustain pedal. It works for korg and yamaha lol.

Still its best to buy one with the correct polarity for your keyboard :)

Back