What is a good practice bass amp?

Hate

What is a good practice bass amp that is at least 30watts with a mp3 input and a headphones input.
What are good reccomendations you guys can give me?
I was thinking about the Hartke A35. Has anyone have any experience with it? What is it made in as in country? I dont want to buy another amp made in China.
Now I'm currently using a Beta Aivin BP20 made in China and I have to tell you that I hate it.

So, please suggest me good amps that's atleast 30 watts and also please state the rough price if possible.

Sadly, almost everything is made in China now, even Ampeg combos.

The A35 is ok, worth the cents paid, given that you are only STRICTLY using it for home practice, and only if you're playing in Standard E. 10 inch speakers can't handle drop tunings very well.

If you want something to double as a small jam/gig amp, try

• Hartke - A75/A100 or the Kickback 12/15
  • Ampeg - BA112 or BA115

Thanks, but how about a Laney RB2? You know where to get them and for how much?

Last edited by a moderator:
Go to Sound Alchemy to try out both the Hartke's and Laney side by side and decide for youself.
I think they are priced around 260-280.

If you want to hear what your bass sounds like, I'd suggest trying Genz Benz from BGW. Pretty natural tone to me. The new Streamliner series are pretty tempting as well..

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/sea...=eyJkaW1lbnNpb24iOnsiQ2F0ZWdvcnkiOiIxMzgxIn19

sweelee should be stocking them, they are new product btw.
price wise, i am not sure in Singapore, but you can estimate it.
Sweetwater sell gkmb112 for 339, in Singapore woodworkz sell it for 520
so Sweetwater sell the roland at 429 i am guessing the price will be around 600-700?

a good starting amp though, it lets you play with effects, help you experiment with them so that you will know what to buy in the future

Back