Video Sync Help!

Nicholasim

Hi everyone,

Im not very sure where to post this so i'll post it here for now.

I just bought a laptop and i am using my old webcam and audacity to record videos (same as when i was using my desktop)

However, now after i record the video and audio and sync them together, SOMEHOW the video slowly starts to go out of sync.
What i mean is at the start of the vid, the sync between the video and audio is okay, but as the song goes on, the video starts to go out of sync.

Here's the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdZaEqGvKsY&list=UUkPs0EGTlNia6G-xDU0jiuA&index=1&feature=plcp

As u can see, by the time it reaches the solo of the song, its totally not sync anymore.

Any ideas on what is happening?

Thanks!

hi,

Yes, the original video and sound was in sync but i record the video for just the visual only. So I turn on both webcam device AND audacity at the same time. Then after that, i sync the video and audio file together.

Hi, sorry im a noob when it comes to technology. How do I go about doing this?
You can get the from your laptop manufacturer's website.
On the website look for downloads/updates or something like that. You should choose the model of your laptop, and then all downloads available will be there. look for the drivers for sound and video.

You can get the from your laptop manufacturer's website.
On the website look for downloads/updates or something like that. You should choose the model of your laptop, and then all downloads available will be there. look for the drivers for sound and video.

omg.... i installed an audio driver then now everything is kinda screwed.

Whenever i start up my computer there is a pop up saying "please install proper audio driver"

Also now, there is a slight delay when i play my guitar. Whats wrong ?????

Please helllpppp....

Ok, i just reinstalled the driver and it seems fine again.

You know what, I think the problem lies in windows movie maker. I recorded another video (just from the webcam, no audacity) and played it back. Guess what? It was fine! So i think its only when i transferred the video into windows movie maker then the problem happened.

Hmm... Anyone got any other video editing software to recommend? Something that is easy to use because, like I said in the 1st post, im a complete noob at all these softwares :D

check the fps settings for your webcam recordings. make it match with the wmm's project settings. if you're working with 25 PAL, then set your webcam to 25 fps etc. this would prevent any glitched frame rate conversion if there was any to begin with. try this first and see how it goes!

Latest posts

Back