this is for experienced bassists..

Polish skills

I agree with bassists here. Practice is one of the key to good bass playing. If you are good at techniques then make use of them. However, don't forget to add in the groovy basslines in solos. Feel the music as you play the bass. If ever play the bass in front of a crowd and get some comments, don't be taken aback but take it as positive way to improve your skills. Moreover, don't need to compare yourself to others locally. You know your own standard. Even if you want, you can always try to play like your idols but must always keep your originality too. Just sharing what i gone through for past yrs playing bass.

anyone can help?

any one can advise me how to fix static on volume knob when adjusting. ist easy to fix? where i can get the srvice for this? tnx

open up the back cover and spray mr. mckenic contact cleaner and twist the vol. knob left & right about 5 times.

if it still persists then send it to KC for vol pot replacement.

yep - thats contact cleaner and not WD40 .... as some ppl found out to thier horror

Mastering the bass

Two things come to mind - Firstly, mastering anything is a jouney rather than destinations - the learning never stops.

Secondly, the best thing I ever learnt is less is more. A simple groove done well is better than anything complex.

Duncan

Two things come to mind - Firstly, mastering anything is a jouney rather than destinations - the learning never stops.

Secondly, the best thing I ever learnt is less is more. A simple groove done well is better than anything complex.

Duncan

how about a complex groove done well? ;)

Depends

Depends on drum patterns and what other instruments are doing. A complex bassline with a busy guitar/drum is never good, while a simple bass groove with normal 4/4 beats and down strums on the guitar proves to be boring.

Trick is blend in with your band.

And one more advice, I improved in bass playing by learning other instruments. This way you can implement techniques and theories of other instrument in your bass playing. Does give you more tools to work with.

when do u noe u have mastered the bass?

when u emerge from the mountains and jungles, ur beard is reaching ur crotch and havent had ur shower in years, and of coz the ability to balance the bass with the headstock. :p

*sooooo cooolldddddddd shivers*

when u emerge from the mountains and jungles, ur beard is reaching ur crotch and havent had ur shower in years, and of coz the ability to balance the bass with the headstock. :p

*sooooo cooolldddddddd shivers*

thats the best reply i have read. lol! Singapore got no jungles but i recommend Sungei Gedong, our fellow armor softies are sure to know of this place.

Back