[SYD - APril 17th] Slayer + Mastodon + Mortal sin

nitrovo

hihih

Just thought I'd post here. Anyone coming to Aust in April? Go get tickets to see SLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYEEEEEEEEEEEEER and mastodon and mortal sin.

I bought my ticket yesterday. $81aud. damn I can't wait. I don't care about mastodon but mortal sin... Aussie trash icons and slayer (none of this dodgy government not allowing certain songs.) Kerry promised some upside down crosses around the stage too. Should be Awesome.

Highlights...

Well there was no upside down crosses like kerry promised. They had a big screen behind them that changed album covers and played eyes of the insane video when they played the song.

mosh was terrible. worst crowd ever. everyone was drunka nd stoned, couldnt move or breathe. drunk women grabbing onto me, people hardcore dancing :s. a real rough crowd.

Mortal sin were awesome. they were the ebst part of the gig i reckon. after their set, they come out and hung with the fans. I was standing next to the, but too shy to say hi. If your a fan of thrash and dont know these guys, check em out. They're from 1985. toured witht allixa/anthrax/megadeth/testament/FNM etc etc. awesome down to earth dudes. very short set though

Mastodon were alright. i missed half their set becuase I dont like them that much. some songs were ok, others sounded terrible live.

Saw a whole heap of other big players in teh aussie metal scene. singers from established emtal bands etc. was a great atmoshpere. the crowd was huge too. no idea how many people, but much, much much more than slayer in singapore.

If i had my camera, i coulda got photos of mastodon as they were standing about 10m away from me, next to the stage.

think thats about it.

Back