Sourgrapes back from Hiatus

magkaifa

hey guys.

Im from sourgrapes and its been a while since we've last performed. i know it kinda sucks publicising, but hey, everybody's gotta 'restart' someday in their lives.

so yeah. if any there's any slots that u think we could 'fit-the-bill' to perform, could you let us in? =D

here are the list of the number of performances we did:

Jun / 1998 – Underground Gig @Area 22

Jul / 1999 – Battle of the Bands @ Dancers the Club
Aug / 1999 – WeekendTrip @ Youthpark

Jan / 2001 – Acoustic @ Garage Café
Feb / 2001 – Acoustic @ Garage Café
Mar / 2001 – Live @ Aubrey’s Wine bar
Mar / 2001 – Acoustic @ Garage Café
Apr / 2001 – Live @ Mr Beez Bar ( Cuppage Terrace )
Apr / 2001 – Jamz Nite @ Lasalle-sia College of the Arts
Aug / 2001 – Pink Concert @ Hard Rock Café
Nov / 2001 – Peace Concert 2001 @ Singapore American School
Dec / 2001 – Through The Ears Gig @ Youth Park
Dec / 2001 – Live @ Youth Park

Mar / 2002 – NYPalooza @ NYP
Apr / 2002 – Arts Against Aggression Gig @ Youth Park
Nov / 2002 – Peace Concert 2002 @ Singapore American School

May / 2003 – Jamming @ Pasir Ris Park
May / 2003 – Jamming @ Yishun Park
Jul / 2003 – Revolusi Muzik Concert @ Singapore Expo
Aug / 2003 – Unplugged @ Tanjong Katong Complex
Sept / 2003 – Indecent Exposure @ Lasalle-sia College of the Arts
Sept / 2003 – Konsert Sehaluan @ East Coast Park
Oct / 2003 – Acoustics @ RetroMusique Café
Nov / 2003 – Akustik @ Downtown East Pasir Ris

Jan / 2004 – Live @ Lasalle-sia College of the Arts Theater
Feb / 2004 – Passionova @ Centro Fullerton
Jun / 2004 – Live @ Substation Outdoor Stage
Aug / 2004 – Acoustics @ Beat Merchants
Sept / 2004 – Singapore American School
Nov / 2004 – Jam in the Park @ Esplanade Park

Mar / 2005 – Unplugged @ Prince of Wales Pub
Apr / 2005 – Plug n Play @ Substation Guinness Theatre
Apr / 2005 – Live n Loud @ Prince of Wales Pub
May / 2005 – Live n Loud @ Prince of Wales Pub
Jun / 2005 – Live n Loud @ Prince of Wales Pub
Aug / 2005 – Saturday Spice @ Blu Jaz
Sep / 2005 – Saturday Spice @ Blu Jaz
Sep / 2005 – Live n Loud @ Prince of Wales Pub
Oct / 2005 – Stasis @ Substation Guinness Theatre
Oct / 2005 – Sound Spice @ Blu Jaz
Nov / 2005 – Jam N Hop @ Temasek Polytechnic
Dec / 2005 – Breaking the Silent Ground @ Woodstock Marina Pub

Jan / 2006 – TGIF @ Suria
Jan / 2006 – Live N Loud @ Prince of Wales Pub
Feb / 2006 – Konsert Unplugged @ Singapore Expo
Jun / 2006 – Rock Live @ Arts House
Nov / 2006 – Free to be Wild @ Plaza Singapura

Feb / 2007 – By the Kids for the Kids Gig @ Lcube Studios
Apr / 2007 – Rock Access @ ZaiStudios
Jun / 2007 – Down on the Upside @ House of Rock
Jul / 2007 – YouthUnite @ SkatePark
Nov / 2007 – Live Freq 07 @ Hougang Park
Nov / 2007 – Deafcon 7 @ DXO Esplanade
Nov / 2007 – Creative at Home @ Homeclub
Dec / 2007 – Creative at Home @Youthpark

Feb / 2008 – Exile 2@ Arts House
May / 2008 – Return of the Rat @ Beat Merchants
Jul / 2008 – Rock & Rule@Homeclub
Aug / 2008 – Baybeats 2008 @ Nokia Powerhouse Esplanade
Dec / 2008 – Radioclash 2008 @ Substation Guinness Theatre
Dec / 2008 – THE INDIE ROCK SHOW @ The Next Page Pub

Jan / 2009 – NP Open House @ Ngee Ann Polytechnic
Jan / 2009 – Slap Magazine Pre-launch party @ POT POURRI
Feb / 2009 – Radio Pulze Live Lounge @ National University of Singapore
Feb / 2009 – Slap Magazine Launch @ Scape Youth Park
Mar / 2009 – Thailand Exhibition 2009 @ Thailand Embassy

yeap. you guessed it right. March was the last one cause each of us had something goin on in our lives at that point of time. we're recording in studios now, but still itching to get a chance to get on stage again. so, PM me pls. and lastly,

hi. we're sourgrapes.

Last edited:
heya haha nothing sucks publicising in a supportive forum , and nothing like good news of a long time band returning from a hiatus , all the best and gd luck recording!

heya haha nothing sucks publicising in a supportive forum , and nothing like good news of a long time band returning from a hiatus , all the best and gd luck recording!
feels good to hear that from you ron!
means alot to us~ and tell PITM to hurry up release can. been rotting to hear their recordings!

np ash , haha PITM still left vocals for 8 tracks for their 10track lp and I'm handling 3 band's LPs,1 ep ,3 singles at once most prob won't be that fast. keep us updated with any new stuff for us to check out yeah? where ya recording at?

... seems like you got your hands full! Must've been lotsa patience. We're Recording at Snakeweed. but its just 2 songs for a Compilation Singapore and Malaysian Bands. i asked Zad (PITM) whether i could ask you to slowly record and mix for Sourgrapes... he told me to ask you but there were times when i came face2face with you, i either 1) don;t know how to ask 2) felt awkward 3) shy.. eh yah.. haha so yah.. hahaha

can record at your place next time? =D

I apologise man I almost don't remember meeting you in person , next time do give me a chance to cos I got this problem of only able to remember faces and linking the "instrument + the prominent band he plays in/job he works as" haha ,this's the problem when you meet alot of different ppl in different line of freelance careers.

ya tell me about patience, I just came back from the doctor's saying I've strained a nerve close to my left ear from overworkin' so i'm on some weird pfizer lyrica. I still work but i don't strain my ears to listen out for milisecond problems for now till i recover.

in anycase feel free to contact me anythin regarding recording, the only problem is you can't get me to shut up sometimes once i start talking, no need to shy one haha but unfortunately I really fully booked for now unless you're really not in a rush (i'm talkin about like late 2010 oct/nov kind of no-rush release) , any further discussion about recording with me we'll do in private, but for now I heard the stuff on your MySpace , the vocals have very distinct nice old sch feel to it. keep us updated on any new releases done at snakeweed yeah?

cheers!

gosh. dude, take care of yourself man. suddenly u straining your nerve on your left ear reminds me of Kung Pow bursting his vein on the neck, screaming.

nah no rush... we're thinking of recording but really no rush cause everyone of us is busy working. we talked about it, but never really... storm about it? and hahah i get meetings like that too. i've got this STM goin on. i dun remember names and their age.

the stuffs on myspace is quite old, recorded in our guitarist's place using an electronic drumkit, so its.. kinda.. okay? for smtg raw? and yeah we'll post it up once we finish recording.. see what you guys think.

AND I SAW MYSELF PERFORMING FOR THE FIRST TIME AT FORT CANNING IN YOUR GIGVIDEOS! SWEEEEEET!!!!

alamak.. hahaha paisey want to say...

nemind ah~ SOCKS.25... at that point of time i was playing guitar.

hahah riight softies.. i feel honored. thanks! =)

Song is up!

Hey Guys, We've just finished Mastering the Mix of the new song.

But we're not gonna released that yet. the unmixed version is at our Myspace page and Facebook. Check it out =)

p.s. its in malay, cause its for a malaysian + singaporean band compilation. We write mainly English songs.

http://myspace.com/sourgrapes2000

and go to facebook, just search for Sourgrapes. not the Sourgrapes cookie chick.

Latest posts

Back