slap

boss bass equalizer....... GEB-7....... boosting the highs at 4.5khz & 10khz gives a razor-sharp pop........

boss limiter enhancer....... LMB-3........ add more enhance for greater clarity & presence 2 make it a much more powerful slap........

but........ :roll:

got these details from site........ :lol:

n........

never try be4......... so dun noe how true it's ....... :wink:

:twisted:

how would you rate the hartke bass attack DI pedal? is it as godly as people claim? can it also provide the sharp slapping sound?

before you dig out more cash from your wallet, some tips to get that slap tone.

1. STRINGS
Are you using new roundwound strings? These are the strings which give the most metallic zing when you slap and pop. Make sure that they're new cos over time all your pi sai and dirt will get into the grooves of the strings, making it sound dead and thumpy.

2. EQ on amp
Another way is to adjust the EQ settings on the amp and get a 'scooped' eq setting. Boost the treble and bass eq, while cutting down on the mids. Which means that your dials are in a 'smile' position

3. PICKUPS
What pickups are there on your bass? if there are 2 pickups, i would suggest to only isolate the pickup nearer to the bridge. that usually hits that slap tone.

4. DI BOXES and PEDALS
Of course, if you're intent on getting a box, just get an outboard preamp or DI (like the hartke bass attack) to boost those signals.

+1 on what Ramone said.

I'm no slap player, but I believe that you shd work on technique first if you wanna improve on tone. If you've done all you could and still find the tone unpalatable, a good preamp might help - if you have the cash, I'd sincerely recommend the Sadowsky outboard pre. Good stuff, cannot bluff :D

Back