Shoegaze / dreampop band wanted (or type o negative - ish cover band)

josh97

I am a guitarist and would like to form a band with people of similar music taste as mine. I play shoegaze / dreampop, influences include, but are not confined to, My Bloody Valentine (mostly Loveless, LOL sorry), Cocteau Twins (throughtout), The Jesus and Mary Chain (Darklands era), and to a lesser extent U2 and Angels and Airwaves. I usually write lyrics for songs too, and can sing moderately okay while NOT playing the guitar. Looking to form a band preferably with a bassist and female vocalist and drummer, although i'm pretty cool with a drummachine too, if someone can programme it. This band will have no real direction - I have hardly any contacts for gigs and all so pls dont come in expecting that- however I do aim to write a few songs/covers and put it into an EP and then maybe do an album.

One hiccup is that I play with a Gibson SG, which isn't very shoegaze-ish, so that is one thing to consider, although i do try to get the cool MBV-ish sound through a ton of effects. However I am looking to purchase a jazzmaster, when i have the cash.

Also I'm 19 and hope to work with people around my age, cuz communication and all that stuff. ALSO, not very related, but i'm into Type O Negative (Throughout, but REALLY love October Rust) as well so if you wanna dig that I'm quite down as well.

My number is 8408 2288 if u really want to contact me regarding this.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Back