Selling new acoustic panels and bass traps really cheap (have some left over)

morphl

Hi, I made 10 acoustic panels for my own recording studio but I only needed 8. Thus I am selling them here! These are the specifications, they are new and made of good quality materials because I was going to use them myself.

First acoustic panel:
Dimensions - 2 feet wide, 6 feet tall, 4 inch thick (4 inches thick is pretty ideal, much better than 2 inches)
Material - Rockwool density 80kg/m3 (about 5pcf also known as 5 pounds per cubic foot density. 4 to 12pcf is a good range to be in)(also, rockwool and owens corning 703 are the 2 best materials for sound absorption usage)
Batting - Covered in a layer of polyester batting to protect against the hazards of rockwool. Polyester batting does not affect the sound absorption property of the panel)
Fabric - wrapped in a layer of white muslin fabric (muslin is quite good for this purpose as it is acoustically neutral)

Second acoustic panel:
Same as above except the dimensions are 2 feet wide, 8 feet tall and 4 inches thick.

Note that both of these can be used as bass traps by placing it diagonally in the corner of a wall and leaving an air space in between. Lots of studios do this. (the other alternative is to cut triangular flaps of rockwool/owens corning and stack them in the corner)

I'm selling the first one for $140 and the second one for $165. The cost price of the materials alone was almost $100 (denser rockwool is a bit more expensive and good quality batting is a little pricey too) excluding the workshop tools, transport costs and labour involved to make them. Message me at antho124@hotmail.com or whatsapp/sms me at 9 seven 3 2 5 zero 8 1 if you're keen! I can send pictures too.

If you're looking to buy more than 2, I might be able to make more for you but it may be a bit more expensive, just message me to negotiate. Thanks.

Update: A few people have enquired and wanted more than 2 panels which is understandable as treating an entire room consistently would require quite a few panels.

I can make more but only if enough people show interest! Buying the materials in bulk help to keep the costs low. Thanks.

Also, there are way cheaper panels out there e.g. foam ones but I don't make those as they are not as effective (can google best material for acoustic panels)

Last edited:
Back