roland

rule of thumb, check it, play it before u play it...... gotcha. anybody knows anybody sellin some synths... give me heads up will ya? thanx

thought u might find this a little unsuitable, but if you prefer a midi controller anytime, there´s one goin for about 300 bucks with 49 notes, pitching, mod/bend, aftertouch, etc. Roland PC-180A, available at Cristofori Funan if I remember. small, space conscience i guess.

personally, at the end of your sessions, your sounds will most likely run back into the system as audio files for mixing or just simply back in for CD audio. if that´s the case, consider midi as only 1/2 the process? make use of the editing multi-track suite to pump up the same sounds differently?
icon_wink.gif
2cents worth!

Attachments

• HeirofHounds.jpg
    HeirofHounds.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 139
>> personally, at the end of your sessions, your sounds will most likely run back into the system as audio files for mixing or just simply back in for CD audio. if that´s the case, consider midi as only 1/2 the process? make use of the editing multi-track suite to pump up the same sounds differently?

But I/O only has an Audigy as his own sound source. To get more bang for the bucks, a 2nd hand synth is a more worthwhile investment.

yep.. like wat lowjk said... im runnin on an audigy... might be gettin an audiophile in the comin months since sinamex juz got new shipments...heh

yeah i thot a 2nd hand synth would be a better buy. thanks for the input

Attachments

• 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 534
  • Terrestrea-art.jpg
    Terrestrea-art.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 501
  • photo6127413121904650192.jpg
    photo6127413121904650192.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 507
>> might be gettin an audiophile in the comin months since sinamex

Hi I/O,

Do think and consider what you really need. An audiophile does give you cleaner sounding recordings. However, it does not expand your set of tools.

ie the Audigy already has ASIO drivers for you to run softsynths and has multitrack recording capabilities. Your Audiophile will duplicate all these functions.

Since cash is tight, you should be looking at expanding your sound sources eg synth modules or effects first.

jk

Back