Reviews on acoustic guitar teachers from The Music Lab?

shutterp

Hello! I'm interested to attend formal training in a school to improve my skills, and just wondering if anyone has any reviews for lessons at The Music Lab?

Hello,

In case anyone is still deciding whether or not to take lessons there, I took lessons for about a year last year but finally left after they repeatedly failed to inform me that my lesson had been cancelled. I would arrive at the centre with my instrument and all, only to be informed that my instructor was not around. It happened a total of 3 times and of course I was really pissed. One of the front desk admins (they kept changing) was particularly insincere and offered no apology which just made things worse and eventually I just walked off. I've been trying to claim back the fees for my last lesson which was not carried out by no fault of mine, but they (I think another front desk admin handling the email account who did not leave a name, very professional indeed) have been unhelpful so far - they say that no records have been kept but I am absolutely certain that records were indeed maintained.

In short; if you are okay with spotty service and possible issues with scheduling lessons (in particular individual lessons) - go ahead and sign up, because I really do feel that fees are competitive and also the location is convenient and the centre is conducive.

I've been trying to get my refund, but they have not been responding. The money itself on a small sum, but their dishonesty and just plain unwillingness to give me a satisfactory explanation of why they claim no records were kept shows that they cannot be trusted. If you are okay with losing money and being ignored, please go ahead with signing up there.

I have a different opinion from sewfee. I have been taking lessons there for about 8 months now. The receptionists are very polite and good, whenever my teacher needs to cancel a class, they would call/sms me at least 2 days in advance and whenever I need to cancel, they would be efficient in informing my teacher. The lessons are also relatively cheap and the teachers are good, mostly young, i would say about late 20's-mid 30's range so you feel like your friend is teaching you and be able to connect better. They also have tons of experience in their field of music and are very friendly..

However if you are planning to drive there, be sure to go earlier as there is a HUGE problem with parking around that area.

Back