pickup installation, routing, shielding

shinobi

hi guys i need some mods to be done on my fender jazz bass.

1. pickup installation
i have a set of hum-cancelling jazz bass pickups to install.

2. routing of the jazz bass control cavity
as i'm using a j-retro preamp, i would like to make the control cavity about 5mm deeper so that it will be easier to swap the battery, and i won't risk putting any of the electronics under pressure.

3. shielding
since the control cavity is currently shielded with copper tape, routing the cavity in (2) will remove the shielding. so if that happens i wanna redo the shielding.

hope you guys can give me an itemised quote and the estimated turnaround time for this job... i may decide to put the routing and shielding on hold until my band's schedule clears up, or if the job exceeds my budget.

my number is 8128-3057 drop me an sms, may be busy at work.

thanks!

Hi Shinobi,

Sorry for the late reply. Here's an estimated breakdown of the servicing fees:

1) Pickup installation - $40
2) Routing - $40
3) Shielding - $40

Regards,
KC

KC, i need my acoustic pickups repaired too.. I'm holding an old Yamaha APX SPLII, tried to get the pickups repaired the last time, but i dunno which shop mentioned that they had to cut thru the wood which isn't quite a nice idea..
Any recommendations??
I also have a loose BBand Pickup that is used for Yamaha APX, but i'm not sure if it's working..
PS: My SPLII is not the same shape as the loose BBand Pickup. The BBand pickup is used in more later made APX models..

Back