Percussion Tutor Available

nigel0511

Bored with more popular instruments like violin, cello, piano, guitar? Here is another option for you! I will be able to teach you how to play a variety of percussion instruments like xylophone, marimba, vibraphone, glockenspiel, timpani, snare drum, tambourine, triangle...anything that you can find in a percussion store! I graduated at San Francisco Conservatory of Music studying with percussionists from San Francisco Symphony. Through out the year, I was teaching and performing with various ensemble and orchestras, many of my students had excellent results in competitions. I will also be able to prepare you for ABRSM grade exam and DSA audition for local schools. I will provide all instruments for lesson, so don't worry if you don't have a xylophone at home!

Below are more details of my qualification and performing experience.

If you are interested, please contact 90305994 Nigel

TEACHING EXPERIENCE
Percussion Tutor
Nanyang Primary School, Anderson Serangoon Junior College, Eunoia Junior College, Xin Min Secondary School, Queensway Secondary School

U Music Education Foundation SEPT 2016 - JUN 2018
Percussion Instructor/Coach
Coach percussion chamber group for competitions and concerts.
Prepare students for ABRSM percussion and music theory exams.

Music For Minors SEPT 2016 - SEPT 2017
Educator
teach music based on Kodaly method, manage more than 20 students and maintain appropriate classroom behavior.

PERFORMANCE EXPERIENCE
New Opera Singapore
Singapore Percussion Ensemble Festival 2018
Hong Kong Philharmonia
SFCM Percussion Ensemble
Toolbox Percussion

EDUCATION
Master of Music | San Francisco Conservatory of Music

ACHIEVEMENTS
Singapore Youth Festival Percussion Ensemble competition Distinction (Xin Min Secondary School)
Winner of 2018 Percussive Arts Society Junior High School Chamber Ensembles.
Gold Winner of National League of Performing Arts and performed at Carnegie Hall NY.
Percussive Arts Society Northern California Day of Percussion performance.

Back