NUS Ukulele Girl invites you to join her!

paperash

Hello! This is the NUS Ukulele Girl speaking.

It’s too quiet here in Singapore. If you saw and liked the viral video ”Girl Sings on NUS Shuttle Bus to make it a happier place" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koRxe1wO4Gw) , or Starhub’s Happy Everywhere ad… and wanted to help bring more happy to life, well. Here’s your chance!

wu2iqx.jpg

My team, the uke guerrillas, are a bunch of cool people dedicated to living a life that is passion-filled, spontaneous, and full of silly. And we want you! We are organising a ukulele event, “The Pursuit of Happiness,” so that you can come hang out with us, pick up this amazing little instrument, and be a little silly! (‘Cos no one can take themselves too seriously with a ukulele in hand.)

So join us if you’re looking:
* for a great way to bring joy to yourself and/or those around you
* to pick up the ukulele for the first time, and get a strong foundation in the basics to set you off
* to hone/refine your uke skills with an authentic and qualified trainer (more in this below)
* to find a great community to chill out and spend a meaningful Saturday afternoon with
* for the opportunity to join me on some of my spontaneous busking activities in the near future! (more to be shared in the event)

Event Date: 1 November 2014 (Sat)
Time: 2-5pm
Venue: 30 Orange Grove Rd, RELC Int’l Hotel, #07-01A S258352
Price: $35/pax, $90/3pax (come with friends!)
For ukulele set, additional $70 (typical retail price $80-90)

We’re very proud to have on board as our trainer Josiah Heng. Josiah is here to make sure you get a solid foundation in the ukulele, because we want to set you off on a musical journey for life. No fluff or bullshit here. Josiah is a ukulele trainer who has been teaching for the past 3 years. He is well on his way to becoming a certified ukulele examination grader!

What you can expect from his training:
* have a good time learning to…
* learn to read chord diagrams
* learn basic chords, basic strumming techniques
* understand basic rhythms & how strumming relates to it
* learn how to read tabulature, basic string-picking and chord & melody duets!

If you have your own uke, great. Bring it. If you don’t, no worries. We can provide you with a good basic ukulele set for only $70 (it retails at 80-90 at some shops). This set includes the ukulele, with an additional ukulele case at no cost to you. To avoid disappointment do respond fast, as we have limited stock.

Should you wish to go uke-hunting for your own beforehand, drop Yen Lin and her team a line for some tips on where in Singapore you can go looking.

RSVP now, drop Yen Lin (@9837 0207) a note with your phone number, and I'll follow up with you as soon as I can. See you there!

Back