NGD: Fender Custom Shop '51 Relic Nocaster (Thanks Guitar Connection!)

CyanideJunkie

Just got this gem of a baby a few days back, and I can happily say, I won't be having guitar-related GAS for a LOOONNNGGGGGGG time! Fit and finish are what you would expect out of a Fender CS instrument, great relic job, sweet-looking tweed thermometer case, pickups are just awesome, the pots have a perfect amount of torque to them(don't particularly like pots that can go free-wheeling), construction and feel is top-notch, and the neck OH MY GOD THE NECK.

Pics:
IMG_3972.jpg

IMG_3973.jpg

IMG_3975.jpg

IMG_3976.jpg

IMG_3979.jpg

I would also like to take this time to personally extend my sincerest heartfelt gratitude to the guys down at Guitar Connection for being very understanding and accommodating to my questions and requests. Kudos to the GC dudes: Jerry, Nathan, Wayne, and of course the big boss, Kelvin. You guys are top-shelf! I know that negative feedback has given on their service standards, but my personal experience with them(not just limited to this buy) has always been exemplary. To my knowledge, they are almost always busy with repair/custom/modification/restoration jobs, so you have to be sympathetic to what most perceive to be their rough bedside manner. Furthermore, respect is a two-way street. I've seen people come in expecting to treated like royalty, looking down their noses, etc. Now of course this does not warrant intentional abuse, but you can't exactly be surprised if said people get snubbed in return; we are after all, only human. At the end of the day, patience, understanding, and most importantly, respect will get you where you want to go with this shop. I once had to make multiple trips down over a span of 4 days over a recurring electronics issue. Sure, I will admit that it was frustrating, especially since I live all the way in the East, but I saw no need to take it out on these guys. The way I see it, it's MY instrument, therefore it's MY responsibility to keep it functioning the way I want it to, and it was MY choice that I wanted to make the trip down. Each time I went back, the guys went through a very systematic process of determining what was wrong, going as far as switching out the electronics wholesale and rewiring it from scratch. Each question I put forward was answered in great detail and honesty. On a whim, I even asked them to reconfigure the wiring to a different, non-traditional spec as they were putting things back together and they were more than willing to accommodate me. Plus I got to play some REALLY nice guitars while waiting.

Some people might say that I received that kind of treatment because I'm rich(I'm NOT, I work HARD for my money!) or because I'm a long-time patron of Guitar Connection, but in my view, if you want to enjoy the benefits of a close working relationship, you have to take the time, energy and most importantly, patience to cultivate it first.

P.S. I'm not looking to start a debate over here, just wanted to share my awesome buying experience, and try to stand up for what I feel is a misinterpreted image of Guitar Connection. If anyone is going attempt a rebuttal here or anywhere else, do note that I will not bother replying. Because by right, this store needs NO defending.

hah bro, doesnt matter where you get your dream guitar from, once you get your hands on it, you fall in love with the whole world.. cos you finally found THE ONE. Congrats man.. thats a damn sexay drop dead gorgeous tele!

This is the kind of genuine and positive feedback that we want. Kudos to Guitar Connection for their consistent good service and products!

Latest posts

Back