MWTS: Lee Guitars 2008 Converse 100th Anniversary Edition

lonkyxd

Hello there,

Chanced upon a guitar that I really like so would like to sell my current guitar to fund this purchase! If the price is not right, though, I'll gladly hold on to this guitar. Ok let's keep this concise:

BRAND? Lee Guitars. A highly renowned handmade guitar brand, even though it's based in China. Website (in Chinese though): http://www.leeguitars.com/

MODEL? A limited edition run to commemorate Converse's 100th Anniversary (I guess the luthier really liked Converse shoes). Info on this run here (also in Chinese): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSR5CaN7kb4

NOTE: one inconsistency is that the video and its website only ever mentions two series- one of 65 guitars, and another of 35 guitars. However, the official paperwork that accompanies this guitar states that this is the first of 25 guitars in the series. I haven't been able to find information on this unannounced series, but I have no doubt that the paperwork is legit and the guitar indeed is made by Lee Guitars.

CONDITION? 6.5/10, the previous user travelled and played a LOT with it. Expect dents on the sides and on the back of the neck, and a pick scratch mark where the pickguard should be (ie no pickguard). But functionally still working 100%, and sounds fantastic!

PHOTO: (taken with Samsung phone so definitely not up to standard)
20160113_164706.jpg

just to put it out there:
- tonewoods: I honestly can't find exact specs for this series but sounds very much like spruce top + rosewood back and sides. Neck not sure.
- inlays- none except a rather queer looking jujube inscription on the 12th fret onwards.
- side neck dots- black dots against the dark brown background = can't really see haha

OTHER SPECS:
- Gotoh gold tuners
- Elixir 80/20 Polyweb 0.11 strings
- Fishman piezo pickup (requires 9V)
- Professionally set up by Adam Chan
- Custom handmade bone saddle by Adam Chan
- Comes with a cool white hardcase with wheels! Also in rather beat up condition but who cares right.

INTERESTED? Contact me at 94 fifty 81-78. You need to try this guitar out for yourself, because specs and aesthetic condition can only tell you so much. This guitar is a tonal workhorse, so if you're looking for a pristine presentable collector's item I'd suggest you look elsewhere.

PRICE? Definitely negotiable but I'd place the starting price at $2999.

Thanks for reading and cheers!

Attachments

• 20160113_164706.jpg
    20160113_164706.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 254
Back