SOLD MJM London Fuzz Bias (Germanium transistor! Like analogman sunface, fuzz face)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wood&nickel

MJM London Fuzz Bias (Germanium transistor! Like analogman sunface, fuzz face)

Handmade by Michael Melcetic over at MJM in Canada.
NOS Germanium transistors - Michael always scratches off the transistor label so no one can copy them! However there is a faint Texas Instrument 2N1377 on it at certain angles ;)

This particular piece has alot of Mojo and it bias right at 5V with the bias knob at noon. Essentially like the Sundial of a certain famous fuzz face brand at Analog*an. The usual MJM London fuzz with bias knob has a 10K bias pot. If you look at the schemetic, the 2nd transistor collector leg (Q2c) resistor is already 8.2k on the original circuit hence there is very limited range on the original bias knob. However this one has been modified to work like the sundial where its biased right at noon setting.

It really sings well. Please search some of these older style London fuzz on youtube to hear them! Comparing it my to Analogman sunfaces, it is very similar to the American 2N style or TIUK description on the website, which is a very neutral kind of fuzz response. Has warm full on fuzz sound but a slightly brighter clean up as you roll off the volume knob of your guitar.

Listen to Marc Ford "Arkansas Gas Card", theres a Germanium London Fuzz in there. True story and verified by the folks in Guitarworld magazine (i can't mention names)

This is a bargain compared and i dare say its better than some of my analogman sunface (i have 9 sunfaces so i know what i'm talking about)

Asking $200
Sms Nine seven 8 I eight 8 o O
https://reverb.com/item/10994371-mj...m-transistor-like-analogman-sunface-fuzz-face

IMG_1427.jpg

IMG_1428.jpg

IMG_1429.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back