MICS !

kentaroC

hi can anyone reconmend a good vocal mic? or places to get good mics ... my buget around $100 ... whats the difference between dynamic and condenser mic in vocal sense? i know i have a lot of questions ... so thanks alot in advance !

Something like a Shure SM57 would be a good start.

For a simple explanation between a dynamic and condenser mic. One is more sensitive(condenser) than the other(dynamic). This is due the way the mics are constructed.

How will you be using this mic? Jamming, recording or ...?

It all depends on your voice. Different mics work differently on diff people. NO one mic can fit all vocals.

Anyone knows where to buy the Marshall MXL-990 Condenser Mic locally?

Good for its price of US$60-70... has excellent frequency response from 30kHz to 20kHz with dropping response from 100kHz (G2) and below...

Has excellent reviews everywhere. Doesn't seem to be popular locally though.

regards,
Eugene

With all the AKg, Neuman, Studio projecs,Rode and other condenser mics, who would buy a Marshall? Marshall is only famous for their Amps

well okay,

do u have any other cheap condenser mics to recommend by AKg or Neumann? coz i'm on the lookout for such mics.

reason i mentioned the Marshall one was that it was cheap and had excellent reviews in most sites i went to.

read abt the cheap Behringer one (<S$100) coming to singapore in the third quarter this year.

cheers,
Eugene

Well I've got a great mic for you

Its a behringer B-2 large diaphram condenser. Perfect for vocals. Comes with a hardcare and pop filter.

Last edited:
Good choice. i love Behringer! It's cheap and good cos they ripped off other ppl's technology and sell it at half price with added features. However, I have serious doubts about their customer support. So dont go breaking any of your behringer stuff. it isn't the best but it's dirt cheap.

the marshall mics and the marshall amps are different.two different brands la.
The marshall mics have a very nice smooth sound compared to the AKGs.
If anyone knows where to get them pls tell me.

Latest posts

Back