Looking for vocalist & rhythm guitarist for casual jamming (NTU)

The Shah

Hi, I'm Shah, guitarist. Together with my friend Shay, bassist, we have very casual jamming sessions at Nanyang Technological University. We don't have gigs in mind or anything, just playing music together to learn and relax. We started playing together on a weekly basis since late last year, and would love to invite you to chill with us if you can sing well or play rhythm guitar (since neither of us can sing without causing climate change).

We're both fans of classic songs from the 70s and 80s even though we're milennials (I'm 25, he's 21), although we occasionally learn to play mainstream songs to pander to the young and useless (hey jk ;)). We're not great, but we try. Below is a rather brief list of songs that we have more or less gotten the hang of; see if these interest you.

EAGLES
"One of These Nights"
"Hotel California"
"Witchy Woman" (in progress)

DURAN DURAN
"Come Undone"
"What Happens Tomorrow"
"Rio"
"Ordinary World"

SPANDAU BALLET
"Gold"
"True"
"Only When You Leave"

BEE GEES
"I Started A Joke"
"Stayin' Alive"
"Nights on Broadway"

DREAM THEATER
"Hollow Years"
"Silent Man"

OTHERS
"Don't Speak" - No Doubt
"Zombie" - The Cranberries
"Careless Whisper" - George Michael
"Stand by Me" - Ben E. King
"Play That Funky Music" - Wild Cherry
"More Than Words" - Extreme (in progress)
"To Be With You" - Mr Big (in progress)
"That's Why (You Go Away)" - Michael Learns to Rock (in progress)
"Locked Out of Heaven" - Bruno Mars (in progress)
"Billie Jean" - Michael Jackson (in progress)
"Stairway to Heaven" - Led Zeppelin (in progress)

So if you're interested, drop me a message at 93205035, regardless of gender, race, nationality, age, DC/Marvel inclination. You don't even need to be an NTU student. Hey, if you're playing an instrument other than guitar or your vocal chords, we'd love to hear from you. By the way, don't worry about committing long term or anything, jam with us for a couple of sessions or whenever you can make time.

We usually meet at NTU and play in an open-air area or unused tutorial room, although we're open to other locations between the west-central spectrum if you have any suggestions. Hear from you soon!

Last edited:
Hi everyone, for budget, scheduling and logistic reasons we decided to limit our consideration to people studying, working or living within the NTU compound, and we have received a few responses already. Been trying to delete this thread but seems like it's not possible. Thank you all for your interest! :)

Back