Looking for a Bassist

We are looking for a bassist. We have just formed an alternative rock band. This is a newly formed band. I am a Filipino and so are the lead guitarist and the drummer. We don’t mind if you are not a Filipino because we will do English songs anyway. We can also do some crossover light rock ballad stuff as long as it is not so cheesy. We would do some experimentation. The concept is to do more originals than to do cover songs though. I am planning a touch of Creed/Altered Bridge/Oasis/Gin Blossoms/Goo Goo Dolls in terms of overall sound. There's still some crunch on the music but with melodic vocals. The music should not be too loud though.

We are not looking for a technically-inclined bassist but rather someone who knows how to balance, the tone, volume, dynamics and the total output of the band.

We have a mini practice/recording studio at my place in Fernvale (Sengkang). It would be great if you are near the area so we can jam impromptu and even do song recording. But even if you are far, it is still fine. We can even do silent practice (similar to JamHub). Ideally, we would learn the songs first (learn the breaks, ad libs, etc.) then rent a studio probably in the city for more serious rehearsals. We can jam during weekends and even during weekday nights (silent rehearsal).

Probably we'll start with covers as a warm-up, arrange 3 original songs and then straight-away perform at open mics. If we are doing well, then let's work on gigs early.

For starters, we can do the covers for the songs below:

Use Somebody - Kings of Leon
Rise Above This - Seether
Melt With You - Modern English
With Or Without You - U2
Hey Jealousy - Gin Blossoms
Into Your Arms - Lemonheads
Wonderwall – Oasis

Please SMS me at 96214424.

Back