latency issues

i'm using audacity ver1.2.6 and when i plug my korg m50 keyboard into my computer to record like strings,piano sounds and stuff the latency is still bearable,but when i wana record the drum sounds in the keyboard to my computer,the latency is very bad,like what i play and what comes out on the monitors are not in sync,does anybody know how to solve this? sorry i'm just starting out on this kinda stuff and i don't know how to go about doing much,any kind of help is appreciated thanks

Not sure about the m50, but you need an audio interface, if not latency issues will definitely be there. The first time I plugged my pod xt into the com, there was a latency issue as well. because I was connecting it via the headphones output. I asked around, and found out that it should be connected via the usb port.

What is your audio interface? If it's the standard soundcard that comes with your computer, download ASIOforall to install ASIO drivers.

hey thanks ppl i tried asioforall and it works!!! woohooooooo!!

oh btw i don't want to start another thread but this time round this is regarding clipping,is it the high input level of my keyboard that would cause clipping or isit how high the output is? cuz i've been noticing a certain sort of distortion when i raise the volume knob on my keyboard to record but when i raise the volume of the monitors instead the sound is fine

When you are raising the volume of the monitors, you are raising the volume that you are hearing your keyboard, not the input level of your keyboard!

What software are you using to record? What is the recording level shown on your recording meter?

Back