Ishibashi U-Box

12000 yen!! Worth it!!!

This is my review... for Gibson stuff... worth getting fr them, also if ya looking for Killers and say Atelier Z.

G & Ls are expensive by maybe a $100 more(?) with shipping i think.

Nice Fender bargains also.

I am thinking of buying one of their Gibson les pauls. *chuckle*

Ken said:
12000 yen!! Worth it!!!

This is my review... for Gibson stuff... worth getting fr them, also if ya looking for Killers and say Atelier Z.

G & Ls are expensive by maybe a $100 more(?) with shipping i think.

Nice Fender bargains also.

I am thinking of buying one of their Gibson les pauls. *chuckle*

killers? you mean killers guitar made in japan one?

stars said:
what caught ur eye tim? is it the G&L tribute L-2500 japan edition ?! go for it !
i dunno man haha. at first it was the yamaha att-special but then that one got sold :cry:

so on thursday i was at luthier and i tried bong's bass and i was like omg... damn fun to play. (kinda bimbo sounding but wtv ya :p) so i was thinking about saving for that and trading in my atk.

then yesterday i saw the jm2 goin for quite cheap on ubox.. so i'm left thinking... but now that you mentioned it the g&l is damn G@S inducing la... ishibashi ubox worse than ebay man...

might go to PS and test out the trb1006, jm2 and tribute 2500 see which i like best and then see how thigs go... i wonder if the PS ppl will curse me after that.. haha

how's ur tribute doin? liking it i hope :twisted:

tim_1002 said:
stars said:
what caught ur eye tim? is it the G&L tribute L-2500 japan edition ?! go for it !
i dunno man haha. at first it was the yamaha att-special but then that one got sold :cry:

so on thursday i was at luthier and i tried bong's bass and i was like omg... damn fun to play. (kinda bimbo sounding but wtv ya :p) so i was thinking about saving for that and trading in my atk.

then yesterday i saw the jm2 goin for quite cheap on ubox.. so i'm left thinking... but now that you mentioned it the g&l is damn G@S inducing la... ishibashi ubox worse than ebay man...

might go to PS and test out the trb1006, jm2 and tribute 2500 see which i like best and then see how thigs go... i wonder if the PS ppl will curse me after that.. haha

how's ur tribute doin? liking it i hope :twisted:

totally love it . its outstanding. its like an entire range of sounds to play with. love the sounds.

hmm... go for it !

I don't think Ishibashi carries Killer. Email to verify.

Just tell yourself getting a Killer bass doesn't make you a better bassist, which is basically the truth, and you'll be fine.

then you might as well tell everyone not to buy all the good bass...
getting yourself stingray doesnt make you a better bassist...
getting yourself warwick doenst make you a better bassist...
blablabla and so on...

yeah,it doesnt make you a better bassist in an instant,but it will help you on becoming one...you must know that sound that the bass produce will play a part on your bass touch,and the playability of the instrument will bring you to the next playing level...

otherwise,all of us here wont buy those higher end stuff for nuts,might as well get TGM and stick with it till i rot to death

so please bro,im not saying that your statement is totally wrong,it is right,yes i agree,but it is partially right...peace yo :wink:

sidetrack

I just couldn't help but think along the lines of, say, driving a Suzuki Swift vs a BMW 7 series on Singapore roads. Will the BMW make you a better driver? Trafiic lights every few hundred metres, choked highways and all? But then, would it be different if you're living in Germany with the Autobahn there?

So along that line, would a better bass = a better player 'where' you are now? I mean whichever stage that is, could even be professional level/bedroom player/beginner/stuck in the jamming room for years with no gigs? Something to think about.

(but of course GAS does not need a reason...)

interesting...
suzuki swift and bmw 7...2 cars with different quality,if lets say you break and speed and controlling the car,which one is more efficient...of course people will say bmw...it will help you to control the car better and learn some new things on diff situation,thus making you a better driver
apply that to bass,the playability of the bass,tgm or [put whatever high end bass you want]?of course the higher end bass....it will help you understand bass,perhaps discovering new things and making you a better bassist...
but i agree with you,its not necessarily true,there are still more factor to consider...teacher,environment and yourself play a part...

cheers bro

and yeah,GAS dun need reason \m/

i'm trying to fix ur GAS and u come at me! :evil:

ha. just kidding. it's your money after all. you will improve with a well setup bass, not an expensive bass, so there's a difference. exams are important still, unless you intend to go into a profession without educational requirements.

hahahaha...sorry la bro =)
if any of my words offended you...i was pissed when i wrote that post,but not pissed bcoz of you... :wink:

hey, no prob. i realise i'm posting too much nowadays, lack quality. should cut down. am bored of the forums already.

Hey, any idea how the u-box works? is it like ebay, as in we deal direct with the instrument owners? Or do the shops carry this second hand instrument, so we deal directly with ishibashi?

GASing for a thunderbird... heh

Back