Input jack faulty??

infekcion

My epiphone thunderbird's input jack seems to be faulty, the nut is loose and there will be a popping sound from the amp every time the cable moves around in the input jack. This gets very irritating and i have to plug in the L shape end of the cable in a way that it is right above the pot to prevent it from moving further down. Does anyone know how to fix this?

PS: I tried tightening the input jack's nut but it doesn't work, it's still loose :(

yeah sounds like it's faulty. maybe the jack is low quality and loosened. but it's an easy fix, just bring it to any shop that does repairs. even if they replace the entire jack it wont cost much, so dont get ripped off

I had absolutely the same problem recently. Opened it up and found some piece of metal that doesn't belong anywhere... don't know where that came from. anyway, removed that one and the problem was solved. Usually, people say that's the screw on the input jack got loose, but as you're saying you've tighten it and if there is nothing extra there, then better bring to the pros.

Back