Innuendo - Queen

scylla019

In this album, hidden from the public, is frontman Freddie Mercury's terminal condition. Innuendo is the culmination of Mercury's remaining strength. Retaining its theatrical and rock opera sound, complete with Brian May's head-on tones in his guitar, this album signals the eminent halt to Queen's successful career.

The first song, Innuendo, is an amazing intro to the album, with a great verse and chorus which then leads to a most Queen-like fantasy sound. An amazing song by itself, and an irreplaceable song in this album as an intro.

I'm Going Slightly Mad, the second song, features a full package of Queen in its best. Brian May's guitar tone in this song's solo is perfectly defined. Definitely a defining song in the album among the rest.

Headlong, third song, displays Queen's capabilities to capture a rock and roll beat, and drag its audience in with the flow. A good song to listen to.

I Can't Live With You, shows Queen's genius in creating such songs, with a funky rock and roll beat fused with a Queen-like opera feel. A strong song in this album.

Don't Try So Hard may have repetitive lyrical theme, but once the song takes off in the chorus, the song shines out. An extremely amazing chorus in this one.

Ride The Wild Wind is a fast beat song in this album, however, does not stand out as much as the rest of the songs. This may be considered slightly below average.

All God's People is a song with a close feel to I Can't Live With You. A cool and carefree song to listen to. Complete with May's well placed guitar fill-ins.

These Are The Days Of Our Lives, the album Heavyweight, seems to be a biography of Freddie Mercury. With its calm sweet sound, draws people into its deep ambience. This album features what I feel to be an extremely classy guitar solo which seems to defer the listeners mood along with the notes. A song I would recommend to give a listen.

Delilah, a song made for Mercury's cat Delilah, may seem a little soft spoken and too much pop. Don't let that fool you. Slight details, and well placed chords and harmonies, when listened properly, will transform this song to its full imagery, and its theatrical rock opera feel that just seems so Queen.

The Hitman, portrays the heavier side of Queen. With heavy guitar riffs and a strong drum beat. And as the song progresses, there seems to be a more feel for the rhythm. Though this song is great, I feel that it should not be placed in this album, with the other songs, due to its, difference.

Bijou is a song comprising of mainly Brian May's soloing, giving a view of his soulful guitar and its singing qualities. This calm song is soothing to listen to, yet moody. An awesome song here.

The Show Must Go On, is probably one of their most defining songs in this album, the drums in this song produce a lot of reverberation which makes an imagery of an empty theater. Hinting Mercury's terminal condition, the song is a sad yet unforgetful finish to this album. A perfect song to end the album. It is a must listen from this album.

With these songs, and its beautiful Album artwork featuring an artistic imagery of the album, complete with its immaculate one-worded album name, Innuendo is definitely one of the stronger Queen albums and a perfect one to end their career. 4.7/5
Queen_Innuendo.png

Beautiful review of Queen's Innuendo, syclla00189.
I have nothing but utmost love and respect for Freddie. These are the days of our lives, and The show must go on are two of my absolute favourite songs of Queen. I'm going slightly mad is an interesting piece...
Thank you for your brilliant review once again! :)

Last edited:
Back