how to make your own bass cabs??

felytone

hii guys!!

does anione of u peeps have make ur own bass cabs b4? can u teach me wats the basics of it?

for those who have links or materials how to make ur own bass cabs pls chip in oso k!!

thx!!!

Hmmm..... Not a very practical idea, based on todays manufacturing age context.

Buildin a speaker cabinet not only require theory knowledge on dimension and design selection. Also intermediate carpentry skills. Of which cannot be learned overnight. Also you need at least a converted garage space, which again in Singapore is very rare.

My suggestion is to purchase a ready made loaded cabinet with acceptable sound quality and simply do a direct speaker upgrade. There should be a marked improvement. But you would actually be better off buying ready products. 2nd hand stuffs could be ideal for such projects.

Whatever a factory cost to produce a product, may cost you at least 10X the amount to make as a one off prototype.

dats in my mind oso.. but prolly have to add in factors like build quality and such. aniway, how much is a 10" driver and a 15" driver? seems like DIY cabs not financially advisable ehh..

That's your next snag. Where can you buy the drivers in SG???? Fact: No one is selling speaker components meant for instrument use as a product in SG, only replacement parts.

You can always approach sweelee to get replacement part drivers meant for Peavey amps, or other branded ones.

Or the other distributors which support their brands. Stocks & selection will be very limited, as they are meant to be replacement parts anyway.

Unorthodox method is to use other drivers not originally meant for instrument amps. Eg PA, hifi, car audio. Results will be even more gamble. Last method is to ship in your own speaker.

Even common popular models guitar amp speakers like Celestion Vintage30 and Jenson C10Q are not available here. Note. these are not cheap either.

seems tuff leh wanna make own cab.
been reading a bit abt DIY cab. tot of doin it for fun and maybe use it and blow ppl out at gigs,hehe..

ani other guys have experience in dis, do tell abt ur experience aite!! wud luv to hearfr u!! and hope fully its constructive posts, not like some threads i've read here, hehe...

The thing is that you must be willing to spend. All the myth about DIY being cheap is just that, just myth.

Be prepared to spend, even more than what you would with high end off the shelve products.

To have "The Stuff", you really need to put "the real stuff" into what you are gonna show off. These things don't come cheap.

If you are willing to go the distance, I think I can help you. But I need to tell you first, it's gonna be very heavy, literally the weight I mean.

thats wat other ppl in bass forums said abt it. DIY is much more ex.

well, as of right now, i've been reading and even some of the tech jargons i dun understand. there's not much ppl who're into dis i guess.

n i'll be saving up wen the next pay check arrives, hehe..not dat im rich or just throwing away moeny but the curiousity just itches me, hehe..n obviously the tot of having my own power rig onstage, woohoo!!!

watever the hindrance, i will still try to do it.
and thx for offering ur expertise mike, maybe i'll pop in ur place someday n intro myself as the guy who wanna build his own cabs, haha..

cheers ppl!!

felytone Behringer bass cabs and head are the cheapest ard..
well u can mod the speakers as mention by Mike or else look for a used bass cabs for ur project..

ps:are u gonna run those in stereo?how u gonna amplify it?
poweramp or some bass head..?

gd luck bro..

Hi-tech plywood (laminated wood) used by proaudio and instrument amp cabinets are actually very expensive and not easily available. You might even need to specially ship in these to do the project.

Specially selected wood panels are glued together using special techniques and equipments. Also the treatments involved, may make it cost even more than exotic wood itself.

Cheap cabinets are designed specially with enough strength to house it's specific designated drivers. This is even more evident today with competitive pricing, manufacturers have to squeeze the most out of the least process and material.

So it you put stronger drivers in a cheap cabinet, it might just rattle away uncontrollably.

Plenty of considerations.

Back