Hearing protection for jamming?

Hello everyone!

I am just wondering, it seems like many many of us forget that the noise level while jamming is really high and would permanently damage your ears after prolonged exposure. How many of you actually wear some kind of hearing protection?

Ive done some search on the net and found that there are ear buds to decrease the decibel level to your ears by 10-30 decibels depending on the model. Theyre called Hearos and Music Ensemble sells it. Too bad the Hi fidelity models i am looking for are out of stock.

Any opinions on hearing protection or related personal experiences?

Thank you

no posts? no wonder the young kids I record these days have hearing loss.

it's this simple, protection = any form of ear buds/ earplugs / ear mufflers as long as it puts up a "barrier" to put up resistance of sound/noise/parents nag to your ears will be good. if you're at a gig and you forget your earplugs, use in-ear-monitors (unplugged. no point blasting music ipod), use earphones, heck even use rolled tissue to stuck into your ears. whatever helps.

My personal motto is simple - "Take care of your ears like how you would take care of your penis & testicles. you only have one pair and once it stops working, no (current 2014 technology) implants will replicate it."

Oh. Please don't use rolled up tissue.
It got stuck in mine. Had to go to the docs to take it out.
Buys spare cheap in-ears for the win.

err. common sense is if you're going to wipe your butt clean, don't insert it far into the A-hole just as much as any makeshift protection for your E-hole. Same concept with the N-hole if you're nosebleeding, roll excess to stick out so you can pull out easy..

I got the Hearos skull screws (-30db) and then now it blocks out way too much volume even for gigging :( I wanted to get the hearos hifi series that has -12db but it is out of stock

Back