SOLD FS: R Taylor Style 2 Engelmann Spruce with maple back/sides

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark1760

Hi,

I would like to sell this piece of R Taylor Style 2. It is built in 2009.

The back/sides are very high grade flame maple which is tainted with trans-amber finish. The neck is made of maple too.

As for the top, it is Engelmann Spruce which I think you cannot find it in the standard Taylor series. In my opinion, the Engelmann spruce give more over-tones than the usual Sitka spruce. Paired with the maple, this guitar gives a very clean and crisp sound. It is very good for finger style playing.

This is a smaller body (about the size of a grand concert) but it has very good projection.

This guitar comes with Ameritage case which gives more protection to the guitar as compared to the normal Taylor case.

Some of the specifications are as follows
Top: Engelmann Spruce
Back/sides: Maple
Neck: Maple
Nut width: 1 3/4 in
Upper Bout: 10 3/4 in
Lower Bout: 15 in
Scale Length: 24 7/8 in
Body Depth: 4 1/8 in
Frets to body: 14
Nut: Bone
Saddle: Bone
Sound Hole Binding: Ebony
Body Binding: Indian Rosewood
Rosette: Abalone
Fretboard: Ebony
Original Stock Pins

Some background for those who are not familiar with the R Taylor. Bob Taylor, one of the founders of Taylor guitar, with about half dozen of luthiers (suppose the better luthiers in Taylor Guitar Factory) form up a team to set up the small shop of R Taylor Guitars. For each of their guitar, it took about 3X longer than the standard guitars. R Taylor made about 200 guitars a year for six years while Taylor Factory makes 400 guitars per day.

The R Taylor guitars are voiced individually by the luthiers and with other structural improvements such as solid kerfing which helps vibration and so on. Bob Taylor, being the “boss” can choose the best wood from Taylor Guitar Inventory for the R Taylor Guitars. Hence woods are of better grade than the standard series. However they close down R Taylor Guitars shop a few years back as it was a direct competition to Taylor Guitars BTO programs.

This guitars is in good condition and has been set up by Malcolm Tan. There is no pickup installed on this guitar. So if needed, you can install the pickup of your choice with no hassle of removing the ES

I would like to sell this at $3,200. This guitar is rare as there is no more R Taylor in production. Feel free to drop me a sms/whatsapp at 9687 4373 for any other enquiries that you may have or a no-obligation testing of the guitar. I am not interested in trades. No low ballers too. Thanks

A4C0E337-FB70-4BDD-A935-FF89DDDE96A0.jpeg

74C78ADA-0AC1-4A0E-AA5A-50A9DD253FF0.jpeg

4F550993-A2C2-48CB-B2D7-A9B0E458A0A0.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back