Commendation - Thanks for the great work on Baker!

SoulJah

Hey all.

Lately I've been experiencing loads of string breakage on one of my guitars, not the one I'm posting here. It happened on one of my trem equipped guitars, saddle burrs caused me to break strings on several occasions. Once even up to 3 strings in one jam session...how suay is that right?

Imagine having the same thing happening at a gig.

I've experienced the power of Graph Tech saddles before, KC installed them on my Ernieball Music man Luke. Turned out to be a godsend for a overly enthusiastic right hand like me. I've been told I hit the strings hard, sometimes a bit too hard. The recommendation by KC was a godsend. I never ever broke a string again.

Today I went down to Maestro to have a Graph Tech Tonepros bridge installed and also some wiring work done on my beloved Baker. Maestro stocks the Tonepros bridge with the Graph Tech saddles already equipped.

Cool stuff really!

I'd seriously recommend this option to every guitarist out there. It's probably the best most evident upgrade you could do. They have replacement Graph Tech equivalents for almost all saddle styles! I was like most players at first when I was recommended them. What...you want me to replace these with those??? But man doing so really changed my mind. More sustain, less metallic plink, more mids, no more tuning problems, and absolutely no string breakage. I'm getting another set installed next week!

On the side of electronics, I've been yearning to get some split tones out of my Baker which is equipped with 2 humbuckers and default switching like a LP. The pickups sound absolutely amazing, if it ain't broken why fix it right? I decided to stick with the stock pickups, Gene Baker must have been doing something right to put together such an instrument. But I needed just a little more versatility, humbuckers sound great but sometimes can be a little too fat when it comes to playing clean type rhythms.

I got a push-push pot installed as well, it splits the buckers and gets the two outer coils going. The result is a really nice Tele-like tone, Tele enough for you to get a Cowboy hat on and learn some chicken pickin' open string, pedal steel licks!

The final result is just wonderful, my dream guitar is now MY guitar. KC was kind enough to listen to my needs, guide me and help me materialize them.

Here's a couple of pictures...

e9a3258f.jpg

Note the Tonepros Graph Tech bridge, black Graphtech Saddles.

77025a64.jpg

A nice close up...

Continued...

6a7868e1.jpg

Pot in normal position...

c024463a.jpg

Pot engaged, IT'S TELE TIME!

Thanks for the great work KC, I'll be seeing you next week to tame the Suhr! :D

Last edited:
Back