Can APOGEE DUET 2 be used with MAC inbuilt speakers alone...w/o separate monitors...

BijuSharman

Hi,

Planning to buy an APOGEE Duet2 for my I MAC...I understand it comes with 2 in and 4 out...but was wondering how will the data be transferred to and fro the Mac,,,,i.e audio in (from what is played in garageband) and audio out (to the mac in built speakers)....Is it done through USB cable? If I use DC power option will the "data transfer" through USB still happen?

Planning to buy professional Monitors after couple of months....until then want to use my mac inbuilt speakers...any suggestions on monitors are welcome...looking for a professional ones (studio quality)...

Thanks,
Biju Sharman

You an always select different input and output devices.

Get SoundSource app to change the audio settings with a convenient menu icon rather than opening System Preferences all the time http://www.rogueamoeba.com/freebies/

For example here I have my TonePort UX2 interface set as the input, but my internal speakers set as the output.
312134_10150478974022640_505107639_10159712_1039033953_n.jpg

Note that Garageband has it's own preferences. You can either make GB follow your system preferences, or you can set the input and output devices independently. So in case you already changed your preferences but it doesn't seem to work, doublecheck your Garageband settings as well.

Downloaded and when I ran the program nothing happens...I cannot see any window open...New to mac...donno how to see if any process is running behind....

the bar on the top should have a headphones icon, click on the headphones and the window should drop down.

Yup sorry for not making it clearer. SoundSource will be launched as a menubar icon in the top right of your screen.

379831_10150486502382640_505107639_10185717_1732058279_n.jpg

Back