Buyer's Etiquette

taypeng81

I've bought and sold stuff on soft for quite awhile and really appreciate this forum making it easy for us to trade/upgrade our gear.
in the course of all that, i've encountered my share of frustration with buyers who, in my opinion, do not know how to treat sellers with respect or courtesy. I think most times these guys may be young in age so its understandable, perhaps they don't realize their own behavior... disclaimer: I don't mean to say bad buyers/time-wasters are restricted to the younger age group.

So I just want to suggest a sticky/thread/guide be put up somewhere about certain etiquette to observe if you are a buyer..

(Example)

1. Please read the sellers post carefully before making enquiries about information that is already in the seller's ad.

2. Respect the sellers conditions on price, location to deal etc...

3. Information on product specs/performance is readily available online. Please do your research before checking with the seller.

4. It is bad class to "reserve", bargain and offer a price and not follow through with your word. Please make up your mind, check that you have enough cash ready before contacting the seller.

Perhaps something like that can be put up, linked to the Buy/Sell section...so that we can at least try to educate or spread a good culture around and make our dealings more pleasant...just a suggestion

I agree with you bro. Some buyers are very good, but some are not easy to deal with.

Maybe I could share one of my experience here too. When you made an appointment for meetup, please be on time.
I mean literally 5-10 mins late is fine, but to make people wait for over 30 mins is just unacceptable. If you rally can't make it on time, at least inform in advance.

Back