Beginner help

hi i've been a self taught keyboardist for about 2-3 years now and my skills are not really improving.

I need recommendations for a good piano theory and technique book that i can use to self learn,also can anyone recommend me what other good magazines or youtube videos or websites which i can go read up more on.

Hmm, i recommend you to purchase or subscribe to 'Pianist' Maganize. They give lots of insight on keyboard playing and score analysis.

Technique wise, be it a keyboardist or a real-time pianist, i suggest that you have to play some scales or pieces that help tackle on forementioned problems. Well, easier to be said, you can go youtube and type 'piano theory' or piano 'technique' on the search engine.

You can play some piano pop scores and learn from how they play the different style of accompaniment and try to memorize them.
Or you can buy the hanon studies, there are many finger exercises there to train technique. It should be found at music book stores.
To improve the key is to practice and challenge yourself to more difficult scores.

Latest posts

Back