Bangkok

seekz

Hey I'm there right now, just wondering if anyone of you know if there's any place with cheap gear for me to acquire or look around.

Don't know if this will reach you too late, but the main congregation of music stores are at Wa Nakhon Kasem which is near Wat Tuk, which is in Chinatown.

Goodluck explaining that to the taxi driver.

hehehe, i went to this shop and bought a GFX-1 for 170 sing with adaptor.
not bad for a bargain.

Like most things, it depends.

I saw a Strat that costs $2600 in SG going for $2400 there, but conversely I saw stuff that cost more than it does here.

At the end of the day, it's just an expansion of range of items to choose from - prices are all swings and roundabouts wherever you go.

bro :D

ya keen on getting together a bunch of us .. then we year end whole buncha softies take budget airline and raid the shop for cheap and worth it GEAR ? :p

stars said:
whole buncha softies take budget airline and raid the shop for cheap and worth it GEAR ? :p

Well, that's a possiblity - I can meet you there, cos I go to Bangkok about once every 6 weeks on business. :)

If you want, you can check out this big guitar shop in Siam Square.. They got really cool guitars and effects. Price wise, sorry , i didn't ask.
If you want good drums and percussion, there used to be one shop in Petchburi Road. Likewise, I jsut browsed abit. Slowly find, sure can find one.

vernplum said:
Well, that's a possiblity - I can meet you there, cos I go to Bangkok about once every 6 weeks on business. :)

defintely .. i dun mind helping to organise such a thing :D hmmz if we wan go sometime in november / december .. i guess we can book budget airline flights and hotels together easily ?

:D sounds interesting ... i dun mind just going for the fun of it ( even if dont get any stuff)

hmmz ... mayb i ll put up a post with poll soon , if people are really interested , mayb can book and plan everything in june , then at least we can get some decent hotels , food package and stuff like that. mayb can get free tour or sumthing if we collective go agent or we make it a simple , go there , get gear , stay over and get back kinda thing.

well.. is it really selling for 135 at cuty music ? !!!!

anyway theres a Vamp2 i saw goign for 1100 baht, dirt cheep about 40-50 bucks. but i trust the zoom more. of cos i got the test it and all.

Anyway i was at the house of rock, somewhere at Ratchdewi station area. pretty fun and interesting. Walk a huge shitload these few days, been tru about 5-6 music shop already.

Oh yeah, the one at siam sq is damn exp. feels like a guitar gallery kinda place.

Hey there i'm currently in Bangkok as well. Been searching for guitar shops myself and these are what I've found so far, hope it helps!

Werng Nakhonkasern area, Charoenkrung Soi 10:
Congregation of shops-- possibly about 10 of them in the area. Pretty messy place, but worth dropping by.

Music collection at Siam Discovery Centre:
Next to MBK, should be an easy find. Pretty small range though..

Haven't stopped by any others, couldn't find the one at Siam Square!

Ok i hope this helps : this is a collation of information from several people here.(alphabetical order : credits go to Bri , Seekz, Sunny and Vernplum)

Music collection at Siam Discovery Centre:
Next to MBK, should be an easy find. Pretty small range though..

Petchburi Roadgood
drums and percussion, there used to be one shop in

Siam Square
big guitar shop

somewhere at Ratchdewi station area, house of rock
pretty fun and interesting. Walk a huge shitload these few days, been tru about 5-6 music shop already.

Wa Nakhon Kasem which is near Wat Tuk, which is in Chinatown
main congregation of music stores

Congregation of shops-- possibly about 10 of them in the area. Pretty messy place, but worth dropping by.

note by editor stars : the last two entries refer to same place i think.

stars said:
Wa Nakhon Kasem which is near Wat Tuk, which is in Chinatown
main congregation of music stores

Yes- these are the same places.

Additionally:

About 3 stores inside Central World Plaza (World Trade Centre) one that stocks Fenders and Music Man.

Lucky Music, just behind Central World plaza (stocks PRS I beleive)

Back