Anybody Received Bass Guitar in the Mail ?

wenmien

Hi
I need advise.

If I'm ordering a bass from overseas and I'm getting it shipped to me in the mail, is there anything I should look out for?

It is a brand new item. No hard case.
Seller says he wants to dis-assemble the bass and ship everything individually wrapped.

But: would it be 'safe' if I asked them to ship the bass in one piece (assembled)?

Advice please.

I check the letter box everyday, nothing yet :( but there is always hope haha.

I suppose what he means is that he will take the neck off? That's fine, it's just a couple of screws. Won't do any harm, and probably will result in a lower postage cost. But I hope this doen't involve taking apart the tuners, bridge, electronics, etc..
Once you receive it, just put it on (tightly), add the screws, do a set-up and enjoy. If you don't know how to set-up your own bass, I would recommend taking it to a shop.

About the hardcase, in the absence of a flight case, I would be worried. Check how they will wrap it up and do the whole packaging.

yep ordered a bass guitar once from ishibashi few years back. It came in one piece. They wrapped it nicely like a mummy with loads of bubble wrap and it came in a sturdy cardboard box filled with more bubble wrap. I don't know how they did it but it looked like it could withstand a tornado haha.
I would not encourage amateurs to attempt it though.. make sure you order from a reputable place. if not, I can only advice that the neck and body be separately packaged (with loads of bubble wrap) to reduce the risks of any unwanted incidents. Then just fix it yourself or pay a small cost for someone to set it up for you.

hey wen mien :) just thought I'd drop a note - be very careful about sellers who "ship parts"!

we've had feedback from customers that if you're unlucky and get an unscrupulous seller - sometimes they swap bits out and when you do put it together it doesn't fit and you've basically got a partscaster !:s

hey wen mien :) just thought I'd drop a note - be very careful about sellers who "ship parts"!

we've had feedback from customers that if you're unlucky and get an unscrupulous seller - sometimes they swap bits out and when you do put it together it doesn't fit and you've basically got a partscaster !:s

There's always a risk of not getting what you want when you do a transaction off ebay or forums but if you do your research well enough, all will be fine. Some more at better prices than some local shops that sell at higher prices than they ought to.

Back