A little advise on setup

nene

I am using Logic/Reason on a macbook Pro. My midi controller is hooked to my mac via a m audio uno. The output from the mac would be routed to a berhinger mixer before it goes to the speaker.

I am looking to upgrade my gears primarily i wanted to add a couple of controller (since reason 5 allows multiple controllers without much hassle.) Another thing is that I have found that the sound does not have the "punch", if you get what i mean.

Thus I would like to seek some advise on what exactly do i need
- Do i need a midi bus interface to connect multiple controllers or do audio interface comes with it as well? If so what brands/model should i be looking at? Budget is around 1k. I might be hooking up to another sound module/mac in the future and thus would need additional outs (perhaps 4??)

Thanks in advance.

Seeking more MIDI in/outputs is definitely one option for upgrading considering the fact you want to get more controllers. How many controllers you want to add in the future (say for the next 3-5 years) determines how many MIDI in/outs in the bus interface you might want to get.

As for the "punch" issue, you can adjust perimeters in your VST instrument to see if you still can get the "punch" needed. Also depends on what kind of speakers are you using. What kind of speakers are you using? Better speaker you get better quality sound output etc.

Alternatively you can upgrade to an audio interface with more in/outs for both MIDI and line.

Hi Thanks.

any audio interface that you can recommend? I am looking to have 3-5 controller (in) controling maybe 3 devices.

Not sure about audio interfaces controlling 3-4 MIDI devices. You go look up for audio interfaces from M audio and Presonus via their website etc.

Back