1988 Fender Yngwie Malmsteen Signature Strat

kdb14

Dear all,

Hope you've had a good Chinese New Year break. Hope you've gotten lots of nice little ang paos with some good spare cash in case this post gives you some severe GAS ;)

Jokes aside, I personally feel that this piece may raise some eyes. The word "rare" is used loosely on SOFT. This is a rare piece, however.

I have a rare 1988 Yngwie Malmsteen Signature Strat for sale or trade today. This particular color is Seafoam Green, one which you do not see often.

yngwie front shot 1.jpg

The neck itself would be worth quite a bit. The neck was crafted by Herbie Gastelum (Custom Shop employee), one of the oldest craftsman of Fender. This neck has such a comfortable scallops, unlike the newer models, which are too deep. The neck has aged so well that it is so comfortable to play. Also, this model comes with a brass nut. The early models were made with this nut, but has since ceased production due to manufacturing cost.

Yngwie said: “With a plastic nut you just mould it, but with a brass nut you have to craft it and file it out by hand, which takes a long time and costs a lot more money.”

yngwie back shot.jpg

The standard colours for the Yngwie Malmsteen series were Vintage White, Sonic Blue and Candy Red. However, there were also several unique finishes during that period which was not commonly produced - Seafoam Green, Black, Metallic Cream, and some others which you may find out.

A shot of the back :)

yngwie close up 1.jpg

Guitar has natural relic all over but it isn't too heavy. Quite little for a guitar that's 28 years old. In my opinion anyway.

yngwie headstock back.jpg
Enjoy some shots of the headstock.

yngwie headstock front.jpg

Pictures of the neck can be sent via whatsapp. Got it from the previous owner.

NOTABLE FEATURES:

- 50s headstock
- no access to truss rod, except by removing pickguard
- Dimarzio vintage tuners
- Brass nut
- 'Gastelum' stamped neck
- TBX tone pots (read more to find out about these high-quality forgotten pots)
- two-posts vintage bridge
- a very well-seasoned tremolo bar

This used to hang on the walls of The Hard Rock Cafe as rock memorabilia but has since been taken off the walls. This is a rare piece. I hope for it to go to someone who truly worships Yngwie Malmsteen. The ones who can admire it more than I can, anyway.

TRADES WELCOME FOR OTHER HIGH END GUITARS.

Looking to get $4500 out of it. Price negotiable.

Message 81010441 for details.

Last edited:
Back