Suggestions and Comments on the new site

Cheez

OK. I feel it's better to put comments (constructive) here to help James continue to improve the site. Saying things like, "I won't be visiting SOFT as often because I don't like the new layout" will help nobody - and definitely not the end-user who will lose out in the end.

So let's put all our constructive comments here. One thing we need to accept - SOFT will use this new format. Let's not talk about going back to the old. Let's move ahead and say how we can make improve this, report bugs etc. OK?

Lets go!

OK. First bug. On the main page right corner, it says that my PM box is 100% full. when I click on PM, it says I have 261 messages stored., although I only have 1 message in my inbox.

1. How do I add a signature?

2. A number of smilies are not showing up in the "Reply To Thread" page (when I'm in the enhanced interface mode).

One thing - the features in this bulletin is way better than the old. That's how a forum should be! It's also very fast!

Oh, and I'm sure it will be a matter of time before James customize the page to look more "SOFT" rather than the vBulletin logo on the top. But don't want to stress James out...it's only day one of the migration! And I like it a lot more already!

Last edited:
Definitely better than the old forums.. A+ for the "Search This Thread".

Although it was still able to search threads on the older forum, we had to go to the search page to do it. The drop-down box is a great plus now.

OK. First bug. On the main page right corner, it says that my PM box is 100% full. when I click on PM, it says I have 261 messages stored., although I only have 1 message in my inbox.

Hmmm, mine worked normally. It did say 100% full with 71 messages at first, BUT I did have 71 messages and after deleting all it went to normal. 0 Messages.

the maximum number of pm you can have is only 30. If you delete empty them to the bin , there shouldn't be any problems.

Hmm I was mucking around with the settings and I received a message that said that I have been banned.Date lifted:Never!

OMG what did I do?Hohhoh

After emptying the inbox, I still have 260 messages left that cannot be deleted! I only had 1 message previously.

The "similar threads" showing at the bottom of a thread is really helpful. Helps to know whether a question in a thread has already been answered elsewhere - helps those looking for answers.

The Member List is not working yet.

Did you check your "Sent Box" or your other PM boxes? The 30 msg limit includes those in the other boxes.

Thanks! Problem solved. The 260 messages were in my sent folder. Don't know where they came from. I distinctively emptied all my folders before the migration. And I'm pretty sure I did not sent that many pms...

So technically speaking, no bugs yet?

But whats the people getting banned? Open Folder link?... and I didnt notice the similar thread link below! Cooooool..

Is it possible to give the option to edit the thread title?

The old forums allowed for that but this new interface does not.

agree with avonrellets, may have to edit sold or reduced price items.

also would be good to install the avatar function :)

I wasn't aware that "delete last post" option was available in the old forum. One way is to just edit your post and erase the content. But then the post will remain.

Also, "post quick reply" is a great thing to have - speeds things up a lot.

Back