pls list down
the time taken for shipment
the price of guitar/model
the price for shipment
the website u ordered from

thnks
im kinda inexperienced in tis
need help since im interested in ordering 1

Hey Remy, what guitar are you shipping? From which site?

And I'm sure alot will give you this info, Ishibashi charges 10,000 Yen to ship guitars here. I've ordered from them my Epi Custom and it came in 3 days after they've confirmed payment.

so whats the conversion rate?10,000yen = SGD100??

You can google for the up to date exchange rate. however, note that credit card company will charge you at a higher rate then what is the actual rate.

I think 10,000yen is about SGD130 now.

ive looked thru some sites n i realised tt they dont ship it 2 singapore
so im quite confused in how some of u managed 2 do so

how exactly do you go about using vpost to ship something off musiciansfriend? i spoke to one of the dudes on the phone and they said they need an american credit card billing address. :(

this is exactly what i've done, noting that I've already a Vpost account and have searched online for musician friend's promotional coupon codes. Saved 45 bucks or so for my order above 300.

1. Click on the product to add to cart
2. Check out, use vpost address. I always use the Oregon address to prevent tax, the other address is california if i'm not wrong and there's tax.
3. Input credit card number and the details they require. Issueing bank column, I just key in exactly as my card which was Maybank.
4. Check out and got an email confirmation.
5. Got another email confirmation that it is being processed or something like that.
6. Got an email the next day that its been shipped.

So... it is possible! Another thing is, best to search on musician's friend website itself for products and not on google cos some stuff are not available but somehow google is able to capture that link and you can actually order and check out a discontinued product thats not available.

2. Check out, use vpost address. I always use the Oregon address to prevent tax, the other address is california if i'm not wrong and there's tax.

Ed, I believe you are referring to state tax. State tax is only imposed on purchases made locally, within the state, and is regardless of shipping destination. Meaning if I live in California (CA) and I buy from an online store that is based in CA, I will have to pay state tax, while someone living in New York will be exempt from CA tax.

ic ic thanks for the clarification.

I always see a clause stating that in ship to california add x% tax, which was why i came into that conclusion.

Ed, I believe you are referring to state tax. State tax is only imposed on purchases made locally, within the state, and is regardless of shipping destination. Meaning if I live in California (CA) and I buy from an online store that is based in CA, I will have to pay state tax, while someone living in New York will be exempt from CA tax.

Yah lor. People living in CA rich, thats why must TAX them. Their governor aka Arnold "I'll be back" also rich.

hey edder,

what is the approximated shipping charges (before GST tax) by vpost on item such as a typical guitar from musiciansfriend based on your past transactions?

no experience. i tell you when i get slaughtered soon. vpost ain't cheap when it comes to bulky items.

Back