Drumsticks

I bought a new Vic Firth 5AW yesterday! It's thicker than my Carter Beauford sticks, and slightly heavier, but I like it. I have this weird pain in the palm area below the little finger occassionally when I play though, I wonder if it's because I'm holding too far back because I'm used to holding back on the Beaufords :| Only happens on left hand though.

i can only contribute a little to it as i have not tried all the sticks on every genre etc.. but basically sticks are up to personal preference. there are 7A, 7B, 5A, 5B, so on.. these are the more common ones. genre wise 5A is an all-rounded and most commonly used stick. 5B is thicker than 5A and thus i guess used more for rock and more heavy stuff, but again up to personal preference. U can play rock using 5A also :D i cant comment much on 7A and 7B because i have never used them, but from what i heard, 7A are more for jazz because they are lighter. And oh yes, 5B are also heavier than 5A because of their size, so do expect more heavy feel.

I bought a new Vic Firth 5AW yesterday! It's thicker than my Carter Beauford sticks, and slightly heavier, but I like it. I have this weird pain in the palm area below the little finger occassionally when I play though, I wonder if it's because I'm holding too far back because I'm used to holding back on the Beaufords :| Only happens on left hand though.

I think the pain is due to the shock after you hit the drums... And frm what 1 know... different sticks have different shock absorb. So it may be due to that reason. (Ur Vic firth might hare poor shock absorb compare to your carter)

Yeap, I have solved the problem already though. It was really me not letting the stick rebound much and holding too far back.

Well back to topic! After the 5As, I switched back to my Mike Portnoys. And then, back to Carter Beaufords. And now... NEIL PEART SIGS! I have a weird habit of going after heavy feel sticks. Problem is, whenever I use the 'heavier stick' for some time, my hands get accustomed to them and it doesn't feel heavy anymore. And then I have to go for even heavier ones...

Back then at the period of my previous post when I switched to the 5As, it was the perfect weight. When I switched to the Mike Portnoys, I liked the heavy feel. Switched to the Beaufords, which were heavier, and now the Pearts.

I just tried playing with the 5A (the lightest one out of all of em). I can't play with them. IT'S WAY TOO LIGHT TO CONTROL!

I use Pro-Mark Dominic Howard sticks, they feel and sound really great compared to my Pro-Mark 5A. Or maybe thats just psychological :)
On another note, do you ever clean your sticks? The tip of mine is black and dirty now.

Hello Everyone

Santos Music is running an online competition to Win A Year's Supply of Drumsticks. Santos distributes and retails Liverpool Drumsticks, produced with the finest Hickory and Exotic Woods. All wood used is certified and so no forests are being destroyed because of manufacture. We also ship them free worldwide. You can read about the woods used, the endorsers and find descriptions of the individual sticks and beaters on our site. http://www.santosmusic.eu

hi can sm1 recmd me how to choose brushes?

i would like to buy them but do not know how to choose wad brand is good
im looking for nylon brushes hopefully durable

hello im using d zildjian anti-vibe
images
but 1 of it has a slight crack...... do u think i should get aheads or vic firth(shogun)???

Back