December! Singing Competition

by the way, it isn't exactly very impressive either, no offence

Answer to your above.
How would you know "it isnt exactly very impressive either". ??
I wonder how you know unless u r one of the panel.

Or would you like to take him on instead of me???

Thank you very much for your so called two cents worth.

Would be good if you have read all the mails before making any comments.
The reasons for us to voice out is that we didnt get a proper reply from the organiser.

Can I made noise if my son dun get a proper response from the organiser?? How do you know if he is not complaining??????

We are not saying that it is easy to organise a contest. We barely want to know what is going on. If there was insufficient contestants, be it & just let us know & set our priority right. THE POINT IS ; TO TELL US WHAT IS GOING ON. We will accept the fact if there is insufficient contestants but not keeping us weeks to guess.

I duno how gd is your singing and am no interest to know. I do not know who are you to judge when u know nothing at all.

I do not know what is your intention of roar flaming this again when the chapter is already closed after organiser posted their reply.

Does it do you any gd to start the fire again??

Think before you speak young one.

what happened here?

Last edited:
by the way, it isn't exactly very impressive either, no offence

Answer to your above.
How would you know "it isnt exactly very impressive either". ??
I wonder how you know unless u r one of the panel.

Or would you like to take him on instead of me???

what's going on? o.o

chill

chill out guys
well this thing never start if the "whole thing" was handle well..
musicsane i guess no point to talk about it , theres more better compeition out there for your son.

Hi, I'm kinda like new to SOFT but i've been actively participating in a lot of singing competitions and I'm very keen in joining more singing comps to improve.

But from this thread, from what I understand la, correct me if i'm wrong, it seems to me like the competition was cancelled because there was no eligible participants. Then, Musicsane and chiffon77811 are unhappy.

But I thought for competitions, it's the right of the organiser to decide whether the competition should go on what. There's nothing wrong to cancel the competition if there are not enough strong participants for the competition right? I mean if I wasn't selected for the competition, I would think that it's because i'm not good enough lor.

Then I find it very ridiculous that musicsane is flaming the credibility of the organisers of singing competitions. Cos like although your son "was tipped by many in the industry when doing demos to be the one to look out for", if he were "so good" as you describe (by the way, it isn't exactly very impressive either, no offence), he would already be a professional artiste. So it's very presumptuous to assume he would win all sorts of competitions he enters (by the way, did he even join this competition that's in the question? if he didn't why are you complaining?).

I mean, i've also joined a lot of singing competitions and been rejected sometimes, although i've won various smaller scale competitions. I think it's your attitude ba. Maybe both of you should access your individual singing capabilities rather than accusing the organiser of having 'no credibility' or no 'capability' lor. Just my thoughts. I mean if you were super impressive, why would you be turned down. Definitely doesn't make sense!

Sorry for being so lengthy but I just thought of standing up for the organisers cos I was also involved in my school's talentime production before and I know it's damn hard to do such stuff. And getting scolded for unreasonable reasoning is even worse.

Just my two cents worth. :)

well bro
what is the different between compeition and audition for events?
i think most "organzier" no idea about that.
well i agree compeition auditon theres in and out , but this all out because all contestant are not up to it? i dont think so..
example i went for a compeition before, they delay the compition and change the prizes, i dont mind because they can choose out best 15 to the final and crown a champ. this is competition. they should choose the best among to the final. Instead "cancel " it.

if they want to choose the best for a event they shouldnt put as a compeition. they should put audition for XX events.

i hope this "incident" wont give a bad repuation on singapore music market...

Back