Roland V-Drums

paradiddle

Hey guyz,

I was just wondering which shop in S'pore carries Roland V-Drums. I'm on a quest to buy an electronic kit coz i stay in a flat. I tried the electronic drums at yamaha was wasnt very impressed by it as the triggers were not sensitive enough to pick up my comping.

Roland is the next brand that came to mind and from the research I've done these might just be the babies I'm looking for. So anyone can help me on this?

paradiddle: yamaha DTXtreme IIs is not something u can look down at......it is a very nice E-drum with rim shot and stuff...and the sensativity is solid...i think u haven tried it....u can try go to Tampines mall yamaha...they do have a set on display....plaza sing MIGHT have...im not sure coz it being awhile since i went there....try the DTXtreme IIs....nice kit to play with....

actorial said:
paradiddle: yamaha DTXtreme IIs is not something u can look down at......it is a very nice E-drum with rim shot and stuff...and the sensativity is solid...i think u haven tried it....u can try go to Tampines mall yamaha...they do have a set on display....plaza sing MIGHT have...im not sure coz it being awhile since i went there....try the DTXtreme IIs....nice kit to play with....

Yamaha DTXtreme is truely a GEM! it is a 6 pc set with large drum pads that have good drum feel and it has lots of functions. and of cos, it comes with an expensive price tag. the last time i saw it at >$5000 8O 8O :oops: i wonder who owns this set? kindly upload some photos and share your review with us, RICH PPL 8)

silent practicing

haven't checked the yamaha set yet but I am also looking for a nice quiet alternative to a real kit for my flat. TD 20 is a freaking gorgeous kit but holy crap they r expensive!

Herein lies the difficulty with a good practice setup. E drums are so bloody expensive it becomes cost prohibitive to buy a new set - yet with electronics you almost have to get a new expensive kit because its almost a guarantee the used kits have been thrashed within an inch of their lives. N it seems like all the cheaper electronic drums (dt express, e.t.c..) make you feel like you're playing a lump of wood and rubber.

Paradiddle, have you tried silencers or Rythym Traveler by Pearl? Just wondering if you have any feedback on them. I have never played on the Rythym travelers but have heard they can be a great for chops and cheap alternative to electronics if all you need is something to hone yur stuff and keep up your game. I just went to Swee Lee today n saw a set for 700 sing n now I am trying to decide if i should throw money at electronics or just buy the travelers...

hmmm,...

I have a TD3. Nice sounds. it's the entry level for an electronic kit. 5 piece standard kit. Can practice/jam almost everday without disturbing your neighbour.but of course practice makes perfect. Dennis Chambers used to practice on pillows. look at him now. I sometime lay my practiced rudiments and skills on an acoustic kit in a studio. So far that E-drum has served me well I must say. can play ghost notes and dynamics too (TD3).
Rythm Traveller. I used to have it once. Ok la can practice on it but the boring thing is that with the mesh skin it feels funny and of course you cen't jam with it. Boh sia (no sound).
But those people at STOMP proves us wrong, melodically. You can actually practice on anything if you're willing too.
But who cares, if you practice, and keep on practicing, expanding your drum vocabulary, you'll be the BEST drummer rather than just another drummer.
Oh ya, practice pad and a metronome is a must. TD3 has a built it metronome.

Cheers :D

for real la!

gotta say you are absolutely on the money there. I had a set of TD7 when they first came out a whole long time ago and pound for pound over my entire drumming life I learned more from using those things practicing to clicks and other bands/ drummers than I ever did just renting studios to cram in an hour here and an hour there. and it was hella easier to record me and critique my mistakes.

Plus, being a keyboardist by trade as well, I should consider the boredom factor of not having sound to bounce back some ideas - and also I have lots o samplers to add my own sounds to the roland bucket. hmmm... My question is; is it a large leap moving quickly from your pads to a real set on gig nite? or just a little momentary uncomfortability?

I guess Ill pop by swee lee n see how much a td3 kit is these days. How much did you grab your drums for Massageparlour? :lol:

@ Paradiddle .. Hi my name is Alex, If I may add my 10 cent worth .. I totally agree with struggling_newbie and actorial .. I have a 2nd hand DTXpress special edition IV.. In fact i picked it up from a guy here on SOFT. He had maintained the kit very well . I went on to save up and buy the 100 watt amp as well. If you're looking to practice .. well i think between yamaha and Roland .. I would pick Yamaha because you get more for your moneys worth. I played on a Roland and some how I didn't quite like the feel , could be just me coz I was so used to the Yamaha by then..but never the less... The DTXpress is a great kit.. don't bust the bank and pick up 1st hand if cash is an issue ( it always is ..) .. look around .. I'm sure you'll find a good deal.. I was lucky .. Thanks Jasper.. you're a star..

Back