hi hat. hmm.

vx02

hey guys, i'm thinking of getting a new set of hihats hah but yeah cant really make up my mind la. as of now i'm looking for something that sonically (and versatility-wise), leans towards the A Custom Mastersound hats. just need an opinion on other alternatives. price doesnt really matter actually haha.

you have to try. basically most hihats can be used for any situation as long as you like their sound! of course some will be more suited to certain genres though.
most impt of all - get what you like!
personally i would also look at other brands too, not just zildjian. although A custom mastersound is pretty cool.

Yeah. nkf31 is right. You gotta try different hats to see which sounds like what you really like.

I like the AAX stage hats as well :D And Istanbul mehmet hats too.

mel80 said:
Yeah. nkf31 is right. You gotta try different hats to see which sounds like what you really like.

I like the AAX stage hats as well :D And Istanbul mehmet hats too.

The Samtya 1s? Or traditional?

i just got a pair of hhx manhattan, their abit thinner sounding and lighter than the A customs, u might wanna check them out. very nice chick sound

hah thanks guys. i guess yeah i have to try, but knowing yamaha's "famous" service, i think they wont let me try much. haha. unless im a celeb or a foreigner . haha

I think if u asked nicely and handle instruments the right way, you should be allow to try.

Maybe u can try going to the official site. Sometimes they might have a audio sounding of the cymbals. i know paiste site have that.

I tried both the AAX Stage hats (what Portnoy uses) and HHX groove hats (Portnoy has the 13" version on his Siamese monster) at Swee Lee and i ended up getting the groove hats. The stick definition is even better than the AAX stage hats and the overall tone is brighter (which i personally like). I guess the best thing is to go try a bunch out and see what you like. :)

Try the 14" Hi-Hat by Trojan in Ranking Sports. The one with the big hammer marks. The sound is worth much more than $120. :idea:

Try the 14" Hi-Hat by Trojan in Ranking Sports. The one with the big hammer marks. The sound is worth much more than $120. :idea:

the Zildjian 14" A Custom Mastersound is the equivalent to the Sabian's AAX Xcelerator hihats. Produces nice clean chick due to its hand hammered bottom hats which allows more air room. cool sounding hats.

I've got Istanbul Mehmet hihats at home and I'm in love with them because of the clean bright sound. if you're looking for a very clear, bright tone then those are good.

hah thanks guys. i guess yeah i have to try, but knowing yamaha's "famous" service, i think they wont let me try much. haha. unless im a celeb or a foreigner . haha

I had the same issues trying guitars in the past and I know that impressions last. However things have changed from a year ago.

PM me if you have any problems nowadays at the shop, but I don't think that will be necessary.

Back