Stagg B300 Jazz Bass

cartmen07

StaggB300_thu.gif

Stagg B300 Jazz Bass
List: $229.90 at Zen Guitarwerks

With a huge array of copies of Jazz, Precision, Stingrays and etc. out there,
we are spoiled with a huge variety of beginner's basses out in the market.

The bass under review today would be Stagg's take on the famous Jazz Bass

Construction/ fit/ finish:
The piece that i tried was apple red and in a satin finish with a full alder body
The Alder wood grain was visible on the top of the guitar. i was pretty surprised by the finishing for a bass of this price.

Playability/ Tone
The neck was very fast and easy to maneuver with no signs of choking on any strings or whatsoever
The action was comfortable and i had no problems playing at the higher registers. Doing a simple setup on the bass would make it play really smoothly

The bass is equipped with dual stagg single coil pickups. The bridge pickup was snappy and mid inclined while the neck pickup was nice and deep but not overwhelming. Adjusting the voume outputs of the two pickups along with the tone control gave me an array of tones to mess with. I felt that the pickups could do with just a little higher output but turning up the volume on the amp easily solves that problem

I could get the trademark growling that the jazz basses are known for due to a well defined midrange after tweaking here and there a little

Last say:
This is a versatile and great sounding bass at an affordable price

• Full Alder Body
• Price

Last edited:
It's 299.90. :S went down to see.

But i really like the quality of this bass. Hey, you get what you paid for, but this surpasses that. Saw the one with the maple neck. Hoping it will still be there once I get the cash :O

Back