Vox AC15 CC1

niteblade

15 watt combo amp. It runs off of 2 EL84 power tubes and 2 12AX7s
comes with a 1x12 whardale speaker and a footswitch to control the reverb and tremolo

This amp is manufactured in China, but the QC is top notch. Solid build and nice workmanship
However the amp is rather bulky for a 15 watter

Power and Standby, Master Volume, Depth, Speed,<-(Tremelo) Mix <-(Reverb) Bass, Treble, Volume, Input.
The Controls here cover basically everything, however the lack of a mid control can get irritating when facing a guitar that has bad mid eq

The Sound quality of the cleans is amazing. has alot of sparkly character. partially why i choose the vox amp over the others in this range
When overdriven, a nice warm chimey overdriven sound is achieved. However it tends to lack chugga.

This amp goes well with certain pedals. Never goes wrong with overdrive. However it didnt take some of my distortion pedals too well. too much artificial highs

The tremolo on the amp is fun to mess around with, The reverb wasnt nice imo though

This amp is loud! anything above 10 oclock can be used for a small hall. Definately good enough for small gigs

Im a sucker for vox tones, so yeah. but definately a consideration for you if youre buying a tube amp at this price range

1_422856193l.jpg

Last edited:
the reverb is shit, i believe there's some mod you can do to it... read it off some other forum. as for the lack of the mid switch, you'll get used to it once you realise how to use the bass and treble controls to determine the mid range sound you want

Yup the mids are interactive with the bass and treble controls. Also the reverb tank in the AC reissues are pretty much crap. If you're gonna use it often might as well just replace the whole reverb tank altogether.

Unfortunately my experience with quality control with regard to the China made Voxes has been less than stellar. For the AC30 the input jack was so flimsily mounted; it recessed and sunk within a week of use and due to the idiocy of the design the removal of the chassis to change tubes or access the jack etc is so stupidly difficult, even the technicians at City Music decided to take the easy way out namely GLUING the jack back. Of course heat from the tubes melts the glue, so guess what happens all over again.

The tubes are rubbish so have fun trying to dismantle the amp and swapping them out, hope you have a few hours to kill.

Decent tone but workmanship and design leaves a lot to be desired. There's a reason why it's so cheap.

i use this baby in the studio and it's awesome ! The plus side is that my settings are so easy to remember , should anyone change them its easy to spot and tweak it back .

Unfortunately my experience with quality control with regard to the China made Voxes has been less than stellar. For the AC30 the input jack was so flimsily mounted; it recessed and sunk within a week of use and due to the idiocy of the design the removal of the chassis to change tubes or access the jack etc is so stupidly difficult, even the technicians at City Music decided to take the easy way out namely GLUING the jack back. Of course heat from the tubes melts the glue, so guess what happens all over again.

The tubes are rubbish so have fun trying to dismantle the amp and swapping them out, hope you have a few hours to kill.

Decent tone but workmanship and design leaves a lot to be desired. There's a reason why it's so cheap.

the chasis of UK made and China made will be the same, I guess. So that problem you mentioned is inherent to all AC30 or perhaps AC15, am I right to say that?

Back