yamaha sy77

nicolas

anyone has a sy77 data card or ram with preset voice because the floppy is down and i need to change the internal batt and all this data will be gone?

how am i able to get the floppy drive and which one is the drive belt?
cause if someone has the ram i can load it straight.

panamsx7.jpg

Can transfer using sysex right? internet not revealing anything? The guy who sold you the sy77 should have the floppy in the first place.

i think you're going to have to reload all your sounds into the synth if you're taking out the battery. You probably can do that using sysex, midi cables and any sequencer that does sysex. The battery's soldered into the board. I do this instead of the floppy for my sy85, though mostly it's soft synths now.

There's bound to be some people out there that have a sysex dump of the original sounds. Alternatively, you can probably upload a dx7 dump into the sy77 since it's like a souped up version.

thanks a lot ac for your help!so now i need to find people with sysex dump..

Do an internet search on SY77 spare parts or something similar. I remember seeing some website in the US selling the drives, though if you get it, there's the other problem of getting a technician here who is willing to fix it up for you! :p

I used to have a whole lot of SY77 sysex including the factory sets as well as some other new sounds but I think I deleted all of it already some years ago when I thought I'd probably not be getting one of these beasts anymore.

Do an internet search on SY77 spare parts or something similar. I remember seeing some website in the US selling the drives, though if you get it, there's the other problem of getting a technician here who is willing to fix it up for you! :p

I used to have a whole lot of SY77 sysex including the factory sets as well as some other new sounds but I think I deleted all of it already some years ago when I thought I'd probably not be getting one of these beasts anymore.

You can get your floppies from Route66. However, they're quite expensive and I'd suggest that ensure it's not your drive belt as mentioned by the others. This was the reason the one on my SY99 (same drive) was broken - I got the replacement belt at a basement shop in Sim Lim Tower. 60 cents per belt :)

I'm sure you can find the Sy77 default floppy by googling. Here's a link to a post on the yamaha-uk forums -> SY synths section. It should answer your questions:

http://www.yamahaforums.co.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=2012

wow! SY77 ?

If you play it now and compare to the current Motif or Korg M3,

the Sy77 sure sounds vintage and it's digital vintage.

Although digital, some of the analogue emulation is really fat

as compare to current models.

I have a SY77 and TG77 - not giving up.

will buy a SY99 if someone is giving up

Yeah those SY-77's and 99's do Frequency Modulation stuff that no other synth can do.

I hate the way Yamaha did the floppy drives on their synths. They all fail. They should do them like Kawai so you can just swap in a normal PC floppy drive if it goes bad.

Yes, indeed! I really miss the FM in my SY77 and 99, in particular those I created. Can't replicate it anywhere else. Kind of regretted selling them.

Plg150-dx

catch the last of Yamaha DX7 FM sound

from the PLG150-DX and PLG100-DX cards !!!

but you must own a Motif /es synth or rack.

Back