Soft DXS :: The Drum Mentor/Drummers To Look Out For Thread

hey! how's everyone doing? i only know a handful of ppl here... =)
Revive the drum exchange! i was telling my friends in US how proud i am for the drum scene in SG... they r so united and look out for one another, and not afraid to share information.... i certainly hope everything is looking well in SG!

Yeah it is! But we are still looking for a good venue to start it all up again.
Any one with good suggestions for venue, please do let us know! :)

yup...many venues to choose from! YMS also can...where Tama held his workshop for us last year....gotta pay a bit though and I'm sure some will be more than willing to chip in....(in fact, I have already offered to chip in some!!)

So please get it rollin again...!!!

Scape has a long queue list, we heard. It'll be tough if we want to use it once every month. We initially wanted to plan one last month at a certain venue, but it was fully booked. SAM is one option we are considering though.

Another reason is because all of us have been really busy with various commitments, especially Alfe (plainsman).

But please keep the venue suggestions coming in, everyone. We'll definitely keep them in mind! :)

Or maybe the committee members can take turns to run the exchange? In a way the exchange was meant to be a monthly affair or at worst bi-monthly and that was the initial vision that Eric (founder) had.

Quite a few softies have put in alot of effort to support the exchange and we really wanna see it up and running and of course growing!

Maybe split the committee into 2 teams just so that a roster can be created to run the exchange?

Last edited:
Hmm thanks for the suggestions Alvin. We will definitely bring up those ideas and work them out when we have a meeting to discuss again :)

Awesome! You don't really need the entire committee to oversee the exchange so I think that can offer you guys some flexibility since everyone actually has a day job to work around.

Can't wait for the next exchange man!

Back