Aussie bands.

yy_fuctup

Have any of you seen Red Riders live before? They're AMAZING!

And The Mess Hall too!

Name more great Aussie bands, ye.

my aussie favs:

1. ac/dc (especially pre Back in Black)
2. Rose tatoo
3. John Farnham & LRB

Theres heaps of aussie bands that are good.
Alot are underground metal ones. If you live here and go to local gigs you'd know em.

But yeah. I love my aussie metal.

Heaps of great bands that are doing gigs in Aust!
The Genie, Jackson Jackson, Dukes of Windsor, the Good Time Party Band (yes i'm plugging myown band), Ouch My Face, Karnivool, COG, Near Your House, Battles, Dizzy Rascal, Hilltop Hoods, the list goes on....

Don't think silversun pickups are aussie. pretty sure they're from america. I saw them when they supported Snow Patrol... they were hungover so they sucked, their tracks are pretty cool though

oh thats right.. now what on earth made me think they were aussie. haha. anyway, i would say JET, though most people hate on them i think they sound quite good. and red riders are good too, heard some tracks

oh yeah and cut copy anyone? dukes of windsor

Postrock: sleepmakeswaves, These Hands Could Separate the Sky, Laura, Three Month Sunset (more ambience), This Is Your Captain Speaking (playing a gig tmr at East Brunswick Club, Melbourne), radiant city, Mushroom Giant, Hazards of Swimming Naked, Eleventh He Reaches London, Because of Ghosts, Pivot (more electronica)

Metal: Karnivool, Ne Obliviscaris, Be'lakor, Black Majesty, Vampora, Vanishing Point, Agents of Abhorrence (grind), lovelovelovelove... I'm Dead (grind), Cog

Rock: Sleep Parade, Rook, Mammal, The Butterfly Effect, Dead Letter Circus, Tinman, Nucleus, Alaska Ratio, MM9, Martin Martini & The Bone Palace Orchestra

Yes, I'm addicted to my gigs. Haha.

sleepmakeswaves just blew my mind when I found out about them, though I'm not usually a post Rock guy.

I'd say you could just find an aussie band on myspace and start looking at their friends lists to find more good stuff. Ne Obliviscaris is up and coming (or up and come), as with Be'lakor, LORD, etc.

Rock tends to be harder to find though, due to the profusion of Metal (not always a bad thing considering contemporary rock now) but some good ones are Medussa, Wolfmother and Sedition.

Some Contributions:

Carpathian (Mel)
Extortion (Per)
Break Even (Per)
50 Lions (Per)
Mindsnare (Mel)
Ire (Mel)
Battletruk (Per)
Hopeless (Mel)
Hardluck (Can)
Straight Jacket Nation (Mel)
Concrete Street
Dropsaw (SYD)
Ill Brigade
Miles Away (Per)

Couple of oldies

Cold Chisel:
Bow River

Midnight Oil:
Short Memory
Knife's Edge (Live)

Paul Kelly (Australia's Bob Dylan):
Leaps and Bounds
To Her Door

Icehouse:
We Can Get Together
Electric Blue

Hunters And Collectors:
Say Goodbye
Throw Your Arms Around Me

John Farnham!:
You're The Voice

Hoodoo Gurus:
Tojo
What's My Scene?

Goanna:
Solid Rock

Crowded House (Yes I know Neil Finn is a New Zealander but the rest of the band were Aussies!):
Don't Dream It's Over (Hey Now Hey Now)

Surprised so many people mentioned John Farnham, I thought I was the only person who knew who he was! I used to play the bagpipes, and my teacher was the guy who wrote and performed the bagpipe solo on You're The Voice!!

Karnivool FTW!

Im a super big fan of Karnivool and Dead Letter Circus. Karnivool especially coz they are super talented in their genre. My band used to cover loads of their songs. Although not anymore though:(

I'm from Singapore btw so hello Aussies!:D

Hey! Carnation are an indie psychedelic band from Melbourne, and we're embarking on an ambitious tour of Singapore in late August with local Singaporean outfit The Pinholes.

We really hope you can get out and support us on this tour, the dates are as follows:

27 Aug 2010 9:00pm 'Home Club' @ 'The Riverwalk’
28 Aug 2010 9:00pm ’Blue Jazz’
29 Aug 2010 9:00pm ’Arthouse’
2 Sep 2010 9:00pm ’Prince Of Wales’
4 Sep 2010 9:00pm ’Timbre’ South
5 Sep 2010 9:00pm ’Crazy Elephant’

Check out our sound at...

www.myspace.com/carnationspace

Cheers, hope to see you soon!

Carnation

Back