Dong Jing - A new band from Taiwan

afterdeath said:
another taiwanese band worth mentioning is assasin......... :wink:

:twisted:

Not much into taiwanese music actually, but coincidentally, I happen to own their first 2 albums (if the assasin to u is Ci(4) Ke(4) in pinyin), and i think they've been ard for some time liao (judging from the thickness of the dust accumulated on those 2 CDs...hehehe)

their raw underground sound reminded me of china pioneer tang dynasty and black cat, but song-wise hmm... just another B-grade band...

cool the natural curl sounds cute to me. hmm, im quite interested in the "sharing" thing for the tang dynasty especially.

so u into chinese rock last time?

sure dun mind sharing good things :)
i bought tang dynasty CDs in china actually... really dirty cheap there...
i need to go home and dig though...haha... its been a while...

hmm... for me, i've never really been into the whole chinese rock actually... but i think its really cool to see tattooed long-hair chinese rockers hanging out in some underground pub speaking fluent mandrain... and sometimes swearing...hahaha...

hey ur drummer would know me much better, we've known each other for more than a decade man!...

hmm...or dun tell me u are the drummer... :lol:

8O u know our drummer sam?
ha im not the drummer, sam seldom comes to soft due to his work. care to tell me your name here?

ya i know he does delivery on his island-wise van...

hmm... just intro me as the one in IRC who always used to disguise as ah lian and bluff him to go out... SUCCESSFULLY...

LOL :supz:

One thing i really like about Mayday is they give me a feeling of just a group of guys trying to have fun very informal ... u knoe the feeling of having fun jamming around... alot of chinese bands sound too professional arranged...their sound sound so formal....hahha... dunno if i making sense.. hahha....

anyway just for the records... i just realised that i got more mayday songs on my playlist den any other band including the english ones... and i am a very not into chinese music guy.... 8)

Yeah i totally agree. But with the come back album "time machine", you can clearly tell that their sounds are now much more technical. A transition album i would say. In the past when they were younger, they sounded raw. Now technically they improved ALOT. But at the same time, ya can feel that through their music, they are being very honest and jus having loads of fun.

Anw im glad people who are huge fans of english music listens to mayday. haha. i listen to loads of bands. And the only chi band i listen to is mayday. :D

Yup. They apparently went on a little hiatus to 'train' themselves up technically before coming back together. That explains the sudden improvement for the Time Machine album. I think that's a good thing, 'cause one should never stop improving. Right? :)

See... if its any other band... they would have jus replaced the bassist... but they din... they rather not play den abandon their brother in the band.... tts the spirit of the band man

hmm why the sudden interest anthony? :roll:
chi bands also got a wide range of genres, which one u like to know? :p

Taiwan band

A taiwan band called backquarters recommended. t?hey are underground band. Heard that they had released 3 albums. Recommended song are "zai jian ba er mo" & "qi lai"

Back