[MUST WATCH] Radio Station Forgot to Play My Favourite Song

Sean

Got this documentary from a friend. Awesome short documentary... Interviews with Kathi (Rudra), Dino (Force Vomit), Chris Ho, Phillip Cheah, Joe Ng...

Divided it into three parts.

Synopsis
"Radio station forgot to play my favourite song" is a 23-minute documentary on the contemporary rock music scene in Singapore. It features commentary from and footage of renowned DJs, music critics, industry bigwigs, producers and musicians.

Director : Gavin Chelvan
Editor/ cameraperson : Siau Che Sheng
Sound editor : Billy Tan

Gavin, Che Sheng and Billy, all 25-year-olds, first met at the School of Communication and Information, NTU, and quickly bonded over a shared interest in social commentary and a passion for rock music. Fans of the Singaporean rock community, they decided to pool their collective talents in video production to create an account of the state of Singapore rock music.

Gavin is currently involved in producing programmes for MTV Asia. Che Sheng is a trainee teacher with the National Institute of Education who produces short independent videos in his free time. Billy works as a sound engineer and is currently involved in producing programmes for Singapore television.

Dr Pieter Aquilia was the project supervisor for the documentary.

Part 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5g-nrMk5do

Part 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoQmWvNEOag

Part 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iK4hfJevj0E

Hahaha, bro Sean bro, their biographies are all outdated. All 30 year olds and 2 of them are teachers and one works in MICA. All civil servants, as what Billy has asked me to say.

Great beer buddies of mine. But they never credit me for some inputs. :p Bastards... hahaha.

The rockumentary (as they call it) travelled to a New York indie film fest (which 2 of them flew in to represent the Singapore and Clementi ghetto yo!) and a South Korean one as well.

so.... its the Billy Tan that I know!

Yes, that's the fuc ker.

I'd think you will love their FYP meetings which I was there most of the time. Siem Reap, Holland V. 3 pints of Erdinger/ Heinken each and supper at Crystal Jade. Kick-ass!

=AgingYouth

All civil servants? More good years! :D

Bro bro...Do they have any plans to go into making part 2? A revisit maybe?

ahhh... i still remember our first date at Siem Reap... we drank, we talk and we bonded... BFF!!!! :mrgreen:

Bro Sean bro, I doubt so... We is meeting for drinks tonight. I'll ask them though.

neverconscious, if you notice, it's pretty coincidental that all the 3 bands featured were profiled racially. But Chou Pi Jiang, being the Chinese representative yo! was the only band which didn't incorporate their own ethnic influences into their music.

Well, just asked them. They are pretty stoked that people still give a shit abt their FYP. But that's about it. It was a phase and they moved on. No sequels.

Lazy bastards...

That prolly involves quite a bit of drinking...

Bro Sean bro, if any of the bands you are recording are finished with their albums, could you ask them to drop us an email, we'll like to feature upcoming releases on our Newsbuzz section. Thanks!

Back