Squier Vintage Modified Precision Bass

kerplunk182

0326800505_md.jpg

Squier Vintage Modified Precision Bass
List price: $675@Sweelee

Specifications:
Olympic White, (Polyurethane Finish)
Body: Agathis
Neck: Maple, C-Shape, (Polyurethane Finish)
Fingerboard: Rosewood, 9.5” Radius (241 mm)
No. of Frets: 20 Medium Jumbo
Pickups: 1 Duncan Designed™ PB101 Split Single-Coil Pickup with AlNiCo 5 Magnets
Controls: Volume, Tone
Pickup Switching: None
Bridge: Standard 4-Saddle
Machine Heads: Standard Open-Gear Tuners
Hardware: Chrome
Pickguard: 3-Ply Black/White/Black
Scale Length: 34” (864 mm)
Width at Nut: 1.625” (41 mm)

If you think the price for a squier is too high, then you're wrong there. With the duncan designed pickups, this bass can produce an amazing tone whether you're plucking or slapping and popping. However, i'm not a big fan of the tone it produces when using a pick to play this bass. The out of the box condition of the piece i got wasn't in the best condition. There was brown cardboard stuck here and there. There was also a paint defect at the back of the body. But those were only cosmetic issues. The bass is well balanced when strapped on but kinda tends to neck-dive a little when sitting down which isn't much of an issue although i'm not a fan of neck heavy guitars or basses. The finish on the neck feels good and makes playing this bass a whole lot better.

This bass is definitely value for it's money. Though it's nowhere near Fender quality due to the cosmetic defects. But the tone that it produces makes you change your mind. So don't go saying that it isn't worth it paying that much for a squier when you can get a fender with a few hundred bucks more.

What i liked about the bass:
looks
tone
finish on both neck and body
pickups
weight

What i didn't fancy much:
cosmetic issues
*nothing i can think of yet*

Ratings:
Playability: 98% yes, very playable bass:)
Tone: 85%
Overall: 90%

(hope i'm not judging from a bias point of view. Please don't hesitate to poke me if i am.)

Last edited:
sexy colour!

definately one of the better basses offered by squire. along with the jazz vm bass

Last edited:
Back